Texas Fishing Forum

Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW !

Posted By: Laker One

Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/16/19 01:57 PM

Myself and fishing buddy Steve fished some marked brush piles on a south Texas river. The bite was not good! We fished from 8am till 2 pm out of Steve's boat. Saw plenty of fish on the finder but 95 percent of them would not bite. We caught a total of six crappie,five Bluegill,and three Large Mouth Bass. The crappie were nice size in the 12 to 14 inch range. The Bluegill were in the 7 to 8 inch range,and the bass were 2 to 5 pounds. All fish were released. Jigs Chartreuse/Pink and Chartreuse/Black,and small Berkeley crank baits were used. Always a nice time fishing with a friend. woot

Side Note: I think this past front has em adjusting some. The bite will improve this upcoming week.
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/16/19 02:19 PM

I think you are right about them adjusting. This is also the time of year I like to use tiny minnows and or deadstick a small jig. Like a 1/64th or 1/80th ounce jig that is very lightly dressed.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/16/19 02:49 PM

As always nice post Laker. I think Bones72 and you are right. The fish are simply making an adjustment.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/16/19 03:12 PM

Good report Curtis...Thanks for sharing...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/17/19 03:40 AM

Nice report Curtis Experiencing the same. I agree with the fish adjusting. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Post Arctic Front Fishing. SLOW ! - 11/17/19 03:55 PM

This upcoming week should be a lot better! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum