Texas Fishing Forum

Great News For the River Lakes!

Posted By: Laker One

Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/26/19 01:56 PM

After reviewing all of the dam inspection reports and speaking with safety experts the Judge presiding the Guadalupe River Lakes case has ordered all the lakes open with danger zones in place. Also word among some of the Dunlap residences is that repair work on the Dunlap Dam will start with in a year. GREAT NEWS! coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/26/19 02:32 PM

Saw this on the news the other day. I bet you and your buddies are one very happy group of anglers. Great news for sure.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/26/19 03:39 PM

Real good news...Thanks for the update Laker...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/26/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Saw this on the news the other day. I bet you and your buddies are one very happy group of anglers. Great news for sure.

Plus #1. Saw this on several of the local news channels the other night. thumb

Side Note: I know you have a lot of Crappie spots on some of those river lakes! It's Crappie time! hooked

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/27/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Plus #1. Saw this on several of the local news channels the other night. thumb

Side Note: I know you have a lot of Crappie spots on some of those river lakes! It's Crappie time! hooked

Yes Sir It's Crappie Time! woot
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/27/19 02:53 PM

Gonna try and catch some crappie and gills this evening. One thing I love about Texas is crappie docks. The one on post, rec area on Belton Lake, is lighted heated and covered. Should be good from now till Christmas and then will come back on again around Valentine's Day and stay decent until around the 1st of June.

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/27/19 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bones72
Gonna try and catch some crappie and gills this evening. One thing I love about Texas is crappie docks. The one on post, rec area on Belton Lake, is lighted heated and covered. Should be good from now till Christmas and then will come back on again around Valentine's Day and stay decent until around the 1st of June.

Yes Sir this is a good time to start catching some nice Crappie! Best of luck to you.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/27/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Originally Posted by Bones72

Yes Sir this is a good time to start catching some nice Crappie! Best of luck to you.

Go get em Bones 72 and Laker! hooked
Posted By: jagg

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/27/19 11:57 PM

That’s extremely good to hear. Was definitely hoping to fish what’s left of the channel and not get a ticket or worse! police

Re: Great News For the River Lakes! - 10/29/19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jagg
That’s extremely good to hear. Was definitely hoping to fish what’s left of the channel and not get a ticket or worse! police

You can easily fish the Dunlap Channel by putting in under the IH 35 bridge. Really good water. Also Placid has a public ramp located under IH10 in Seguin. Meadow Lake has a put in at a RV Park off of FM123 in Seguin and you can also put in at the end of Starkey Park. Great fishing in these areas. Plenty of nice sunfish,crappie,bass,and Catfish. You can also hook into a nice carp for a ride. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum