Texas Fishing Forum

Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 12:16 AM

After the passage of the first two cold fronts of the fall the fall bite has picked up and the sunnies and Rios are very active. Been catching extremely nice Rios,Bluegill,Large Mouth Bass,Longear,Guadalupe Bass,and Redbreast. Been fishing non stop since fall. Most of the days the bite has been "On Fire". Other days but not many the bite has been slow. Been fishing the Nueces Canyon,Sabinal Valley, Hill Country,and South Central Texas! Creeks and Rivers have been the target areas. The Rios and sunfish are in schools searching for food and to get fat before the winter arrives. While fishing the rivers,fish are holding close to weed/Hydrilla beds and at the ends of rapids. Fish can also be found by drop offs leading to blue holes. While fishing the creeks fish are feeding off of flats,under overhanging tree limbs,close to brush piles,and close to weed/Hydrilla beds. Most of the fish were released with the exception of a few that were kept for the dinner table. Worms with an occasional fly from Rick's (aka Catyakker ) fly rod were the baits used. Bottom,.float,drop shot,and Fly Rod were the techniques used. Fall time fishing in Texas. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 01:56 AM

Thanks Chuck...NICE FISH & real pretty water...what kind of water vegetation is that in pic #4 ? Doesn't quite look like hydrilla...
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 01:59 AM

Good job guys! You two are living the life cheers love the pic of the chalk bluff chuck

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 03:01 AM

Thanks Steve and Leo for the replies. cheers Steve: That is Hydrilla! The Sabinal Valley and the Nueces Canyon water bodies are loaded with it. Great hiding place for fish. peep Leo: I figured you would know that cliff! thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 12:48 PM

coolphotos Nicely done guys! thumb

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/20/19 05:31 PM

Thanks pop r for the reply! cheers
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/21/19 01:50 AM

Awesome!!! And these cooler, cloudy days sure make it far more enjoyable
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/21/19 04:31 PM

Its time to get at em thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/22/19 12:18 AM

Looks like a blast guys, beautiful fishies. cheers
Posted By: jagg

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 10/27/19 11:46 PM

Aces! hooked

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/02/19 10:10 AM

Thanks Jamie,Tree Bass, Andrew, and Tory for the replies. cheers Jamie: Yes Sir those cooler temperatures sure make it a whole lot nicer. clap Tory: Will be sending you a PM! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/07/19 04:18 PM

As always. Great post and some very nice fish.

Side Note: There has been one front after another. Has the sunfish bite slowed down?

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/14/19 05:04 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! I have not been out since this last Arctic Front. Fixing to try tomorrow with the Catyakker! We shall see! noidea

Side Note: The shallow water bite will defiantly be slow! We plan to fish some deep weed beds. thumb
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/15/19 09:34 PM

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/22/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply! I have not been out since this last Arctic Front. Fixing to try tomorrow with the Catyakker! We shall see! noidea

Side Note: The shallow water bite will defiantly be slow! We plan to fish some deep weed beds. thumb

Thanks Chuck.

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/27/19 04:15 AM

Thanks F4Gator for the reply! Gitter: My pleasure. cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 11/30/19 02:38 PM

Great post and some ice fish. Good job guys. How has the fall bite been at the Canyon? hmmm

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 12/05/19 11:11 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers The fall bite for the sunfish has slowed down. The Guadalupe Bass bite is good. I will not be fishing the Canyon until Spring. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 12/09/19 01:24 PM

I kind of figured that. I have been focusing on the rivers. Seems the fronts really get the fish active on the deeper,bigger rivers. I am also catching a few Rios but not many. The fronts have the Rios scattered and the bite
has slowed down a lot. eeks

Re: Fall is ON! Sunnies&Rios are Active! - 12/15/19 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
I kind of figured that. I have been focusing on the rivers. Seems the fronts really get the fish active on the deeper,bigger rivers. I am also catching a few Rios but not many. The fronts have the Rios scattered and the bite
has slowed down a lot. eeks

Some of the creeks I am fishing are still producing some nice Rios. Few and far between but I am still catching one or two each trip out! Redbreast bite is totally "ON FIRE". flame

Side Note: Will be posting a story soon! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum