Texas Fishing Forum

Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19

Posted By: Vogey

Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 01:25 AM

Fished Fayette today from daybreak til 1:30...Perfect day, light winds/overcast and cool morning. The water temp has cooled down to 79-84 degrees, but the lake if a foot low. Wasn't sure what to expect today with the lake turnover/fish kill a week ago, but turned out awesome. Started out at the dam rip rap, but no bluegills...the bass have taken over that spot...got 5 bass in the 1st 30 minutes over there. Moved to east lake & the bite was on big time from 8:45 til I left. The fish were bigger and feistier than last week...only a handful of small ones out of the 80-90 caught. While there were still plenty of dead fish washed up, they appear to be from last week...saw no new kill from recent days. You can still find gils in the reedbeds, but you have to look for DEEPER holes in the reeds...especially with the water down. All fish caught on Gulp Alive minnows...any color. All fish released. Also, did manage to scarf down some cinnamon rolls from Weikels before hitting the water. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 01:33 AM

Look at dem barn doors! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 02:44 AM

Yet another GREAT FAYETTE Post. Nice slabs Steve. Good job. thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 03:32 AM

What a day, what a day ! Some beauties there Steve. Love those gills with the big ear tabs. Conditions were just awesome today.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 12:54 PM

Another great Fayette Post. Nice slabs and a super post. Good job Vogey.

Side Note: Did you see anymore dead fish? Looks like the kill is over and was a natural kill.
Posted By: Rionator

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 02:25 PM

Nice fish Steve! I ended up staying local Sunday. Had a fun day at some local creeks but nothing beats Fayette fish

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/15/19 02:34 PM

Thanks Tommar, Banker, & Doc...Since Dunlap is dead, I am attempting to "follow" the fish out (for the winter) by fishing there every week. We will see what happens as the water gets cooler.
Laker...from everything I have read, it was "lake turnover" with associated events, that caused the fish kill. It happens on a pretty regular basis on Fayette this time of year. While there were still dead fish washed up on the shore in places, the impression I had was that they were left overs from last week. The cove where we saw hundreds of fish at the surface gasping for air last week, was clean, and the fish in there were healthy & biting again.
side note: I expected the lake to be crowded with Columbus day, but there were very few boats on the water...maybe scared off by the fish kill...as Catyacker said....you won't know if you don't go...

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 01:29 PM

Thanks Vogey! Again super post. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 02:54 PM

Nice slabs as always Vogey. Good job Sir.

Side Note: Will you be fishing Fayette this winter for bass?
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 05:06 PM

Great post Vogey and nice pics! cheers

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 06:30 PM

Gitter…. If / when the gils stop biting, or I see bass busting shad I will be primarily fishing for bass.

Thanks Pot licker for the reply...

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 10:48 PM

I have friends that have caught some mighty big bass on Fayette during the winter months! thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/16/19 11:07 PM

Excellent post and pics vogey clap
Posted By: jagg

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/17/19 02:43 AM

Now that my laptop is working properly I can see those monsters! Sweet haul, Vogey! thumb

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/17/19 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Nice slabs as always Vogey. Good job Sir.

Side Note: Will you be fishing Fayette this winter for bass?

Caught my PB bass off of Fayette during the winter a few years ago. 7.8 Lbs with a length of 23".

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/17/19 08:41 PM

Laker...Did you take a pic if the 7.8 pounder ? Would love to see it. My pb bass also came from Fayette, but it was many years ago...9 lbs, no idea how long.. [Linked Image]

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/17/19 09:19 PM

Nice fish Steve! Also love the hat! cheers
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/18/19 02:15 AM

Astros hat and a 9 lb bass on Fayette. You will never look better Steve !! *

* ... until you haul in a 2 pound perch grin

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/18/19 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Laker...Did you take a pic if the 7.8 pounder ? Would love to see it. My pb bass also came from Fayette, but it was many years ago...9 lbs, no idea how long.. [Linked Image]

Nice bass Vogey! Yes I took plenty of pictures but the problem is my phone is somewhere on the bottom of Fayette! bang
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Singin drags on Fayette 10-14-19 - 10/18/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Originally Posted by Vogey

Nice bass Vogey! Yes I took plenty of pictures but the problem is my phone is somewhere on the bottom of Fayette! bang

Plus #1. Super Bass Vogey!

Side Note: I know the feeling very well about dropping a phone in a lake. Dropped mine a couple of years ago after taking a picture of a nice Red I had a caught on Calaveras. hammer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum