Texas Fishing Forum

McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost

Posted By: Catyakker

McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/07/19 04:34 PM

Where a good hole is lost, there is always another to be found.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/07/19 06:57 PM

Well that sucks! I heard they had the same signs under the I-10 bridge launch area for Lake Placid. I was planning on going there for one last paddle until I saw on the news they shut it down.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/07/19 11:50 PM

hung whip hung
Posted By: Laker One

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/08/19 11:52 AM

I have launched my Kayak there many times. According to what I have been hearing that area is going to be classified as a danger zone! hmmm
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 01:56 AM

I also launched there on several occasions. I went fished Lake Gonzales, Nolte, Placid. and McQueeney in late August. I figured it would be my last chance to fish them. At least as lakes. I caught a lot of nice fish in that stretch up to the overflow. I caught this one on 8/18/19. It was a new C&R fly rod record for McQueeney.

Shhh, I had them put up the sign to keep Catyakker the State Fly record Rio killer from breaking the record. peep

[Linked Image]

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by J-Moe
I also launched there on several occasions. I went fished Lake Gonzales, Nolte, Placid. and McQueeney in late August. I figured it would be my last chance to fish them. At least as lakes. I caught a lot of nice fish in that stretch up to the overflow. I caught this one on 8/18/19. It was a new C&R fly rod record for McQueeney.

Shhh, I had them put up the sign to keep Catyakker the State Fly record Rio killer from breaking the record. peep

[Linked Image]

Yes Sir Well played Jamie! whip
Posted By: Laker One

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 11:47 AM

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 05:28 PM

eek mad crazy Aw now J-Moe, lets not get personal. roflmao
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 06:28 PM

Seems like that place had some pretty good fish caught from it! It's a shame that it might be permanently closed down!

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/09/19 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Seems like that place had some pretty good fish caught from it! It's a shame that it might be permanently closed down!

Well at least for a year I hear. On the bright side, it will give those fish time to get super sized before the attack begins. laugh
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/13/19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Well at least for a year I hear. On the bright side, it will give those fish time to get super sized before the attack begins. laugh

If they make that area a danger zone then it will be totally off limits to all water activity for a very long time. Hopefully they will keep it like it was!

Re: McQueeney Fishing Hole Lost - 10/13/19 07:31 PM

violin Got a feeling that there will be no fishing at that spot! It will be for sure in the upcoming "Danger Zones"! taz
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum