Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette with Doc 9/17/19

Posted By: Vogey

Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 12:11 AM

Fished Fayette today with Chris...aka Doctorxring, from daybreak til 12:30. Water temp is starting to drop....when we started it was 88 degrees & when we left it was 90. Started out at the rip rap and got a few, but the wind was from the wrong direction & pretty strong so we fished the rest of the day on the east side in the reed beds & trees. We caught 80-90 fish with some real nice ones mixed in. All fish caught drop shot on Gulp Alive minnows in the chartreuse/shad color. All fish released.We did get rained on a couple times, but no drenching showers. Super cool day fishing with Chris & talking non stop fishing pretty much the whole day & yes, Banker...it just don't get any better ! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 12:28 AM

Awesome fish vogey!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 02:44 AM

Slabs from the "Kings of Fayette"! Steve, You Sir have had one SUPER year on that lake! Good job guys! thumb

Side Note: Houston got hammered from that tropical system. They were forecast do get 12" of rain. eeks
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 04:02 AM

Mega Dittos on the "doesn't get any better" ! Awesome day with Steve on the Queen of perch lakes. Great hospitality and fellowship, and great fishing. Steve kept us on fish all day. Seasoned with a little rain shower now and then. grin

My first day of using Gulp Minnows exclusively. Amazing artificial bait for perch. I also tried some Berkley PowerBait May Fly nymphs. They turned their nose up on that.

We both had our cameras going today. A day of diverse light conditions with the rain and clouds coming in and out. A lot of beauty on that lake.

Can't wait to go again !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 11:34 AM

Nice SLABS! You guys are having a GREAT year! Good job Guys! woot

Side Note: If plans go good will be fishing Fayette very very SOON! hooked
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 12:23 PM

Great pics. thumb

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 05:54 PM

Thanks Banker, Laker & Osborne for the replies...It has been a great year on Fayette.

Gar...I got your jigs yesterday & plan on giving them a try next time out. They are smaller in person than they look like in photos. I am hoping I can cast them with 4 lb test line. Will try the reed beds mostly...don't want to lose them in the trees. They look like really quality jigs...Thank you

Doc...Let me know if u plan to go next week & maybe we can meet up on the water...took the boat in this morning and they fixed my shut off problem...no charge
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 06:08 PM

Vogey, great pictures and great fish.

I picture a large, old, wise bluegill sitting at the base of one of those trees, surrounded by a school of young bluegill, each with a hole in their lip, telling them the story of being the only bluegill in Fayette to have never been caught by you. bow_down

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

Mega Dittos on the "doesn't get any better" ! Awesome day with Steve on the Queen of perch lakes. Great hospitality and fellowship, and great fishing. Steve kept us on fish all day. Seasoned with a little rain shower now and then. grin

My first day of using Gulp Minnows exclusively. Amazing artificial bait for perch. I also tried some Berkley PowerBait May Fly nymphs. They turned their nose up on that.

We both had our cameras going today. A day of diverse light conditions with the rain and clouds coming in and out. A lot of beauty on that lake.

Can't wait to go again !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

coolphotos Also neat post Chris! And yes "It just don't get any better"! fish
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 07:41 PM

Great post and pics Vogey! cheers
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/18/19 11:16 PM

Gar...I got your jigs yesterday & plan on giving them a try next time out. They are smaller in person than they look like in photos. I am hoping I can cast them with 4 lb test line. Will try the reed beds mostly...don't want to lose them in the trees. They look like really quality jigs...Thank you

Thank you sir! 4lb is what we have to use to cast them because they are so tiny

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/19/19 08:02 PM

JohnF67...That better be a 2 pounder at the base of that tree...and she aint home free just yet !

Thanks for the reply Pot Licker.

gar1970...I went out in the yard yesterday & tried casting the "tiny jig" with the 4lb test fluorocarbon & it didn't go very far. I am going to try fishing it below a crappie rattlin popping bobber. The water you fish looks like a rocky stones bottom, but Fayette is various grasses & mossy stuff, so I think if I can keep it just above that stuff it might work. Will try it next week...
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/20/19 01:41 PM

The "Masters of Fayette" strike again. Good job guys. Nice fish!

Side Note: How is the October Bluegill bite?

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/20/19 01:44 PM

Gitter...Last year it started slowing down the 1st week of October & by November 1 it was all but gone completely...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/22/19 02:20 PM

Plans go right I will be fishing Fayette towards the end of this week! clap clap clap
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/22/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Gitter...Last year it started slowing down the 1st week of October & by November 1 it was all but gone completely...

Thanks Vogey! For the times I fished during the fall the bass fishing was pretty good!

Re: Fayette with Doc 9/17/19 - 09/22/19 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Plans go right I will be fishing Fayette towards the end of this week! clap clap clap

Go get me Curtis: Wish I was going with you guys! thumb

Side Note: Gitter Done: Best time to catch Bass on Fayette is during the winter and spring! Just my two cents. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum