Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Travis Report

Posted By: SirDukeOfLor

Lake Travis Report - 08/26/19 07:18 PM

Had 4 hours to kill this morning, decided to drop the boat in Lake Travis since its really close, in the hopes of getting some hand size or larger panfish.
Put in at Jones Brothers park around 9:00 am, a little windy this morning, so we looked for a sheltered area out of the wind.
Fished a cove just north of Sandy Creek park.
We floated worms under bobbers along the bank, and drop shots under the boat in deeper water.
We found lots of willing Rio's, and a few small bluegill, and a decent green sunfish.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Travis Report - 08/26/19 07:38 PM

Nice post. Glad you found some fish. Travis is a HUGE/DEEP lake! Again good job finding some fish. thumb

Side Note: Have fished Travis before all during the winter. Was able to catch some nice Bluegill in 28 feet of water close to a dock slip! Caught a bunch using worms with both a drop shot and regular bottom rig! hooked
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Lake Travis Report - 08/27/19 12:41 AM

Sir...There used to be a couple who posted the most awesome bluegill videos from lake Travis catching giant bluegill. They haven't posted in a while, but you can still see their videos on you tube. I go re-watch them sometimes to get inspired...
Posted By: SirDukeOfLor

Re: Lake Travis Report - 08/27/19 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Sir...There used to be a couple who posted the most awesome bluegill videos from lake Travis catching giant bluegill. They haven't posted in a while, but you can still see their videos on you tube. I go re-watch them sometimes to get inspired...

Vogey, I have seen the videos, multiple times, I think I know where they go based on old replies on this forum I found thru google search.
Today, I just didn't have the time to run that far.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Lake Travis Report - 08/27/19 01:04 PM

Great report! Love fishing Travis. Plenty of nice Bluegill in some of the coves. Will be fishing the Austin area a lot once the rest of the Guadalupe River lakes are drained. bang
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lake Travis Report - 08/28/19 01:57 PM

Love those Austin lake reports. Glad to got onto some fish. Good job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum