Texas Fishing Forum

Condo placement question

Posted By: 603Country

Condo placement question - 08/26/19 05:32 PM

Inspired by you condo making guys, I put together a good one. Now, in my fish pond (aka stock tank), what depth do I need to place it for sunfish and/or bass? Should it be fairly shallow or in the deepest spot?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Condo placement question - 08/26/19 06:21 PM

I would put it on the drop off that goes from shallow to the deepest part of your stock tank. Depending on the size of the tank will make a huge difference on it's location. If the tank is small just about anywhere would do. If the tank is a medium to large tank then the drop off. Any type of structure is good no matter where it is. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Condo placement question - 08/27/19 01:15 PM

Hard to determine placing structure in a stock tank. I would put it in the deepest part of the pond. Several factors would determine this. #1. Does the pond have a permanent source of water such as a spring. #2? Does the pond stay full year around? #3 Size of pond? #4. Is there other structure in the pond? #5. Any over hanging tree limbs over the pond? These questions would play a factor on any structure placement in a stock tank, pond, or lake. hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Condo placement question - 08/28/19 01:46 PM

Deeper part of the pond!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum