Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette Video from 8-20-19

Posted By: Vogey

Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 02:50 AM

Here is the 14 minute video from yesterday on Fayette. We caught 80 % of the fish on Gulp Alive 1" minnows & 20 % on night crawlers. All released except for 10 unlucky medium sized fish....Lennon at Fayette 2019
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 03:19 AM

He is taking after his grand pa! Awesome video Steve. Lifetime Memories! thumb

Side Note: Finally fished Fayette! 150 fish caught by three of us. Will be posting soon! hooked
Posted By: jagg

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 07:12 AM

That is one heck of a day! Glad you got the young man out there! Thanks for the report and vid!

Goodness! Sounds like Fayette is where it’s at! fish
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 12:29 PM

How many fish will one Gulp Alive last for? I'm hearing 8 to 10, is that pretty accurate?

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 01:17 PM

Bills...It really depends...I would say the average would be 4-7 fish for me. I thread them on so that the head ends up at the eye of the hook. When they rip so bad that they don't stay straight, I take what's left and just run the hook through the head of the minnow & it's good for a few more fish. I think the key is making sure the body of the minnow is STRAIGHT, however you rig it.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 01:25 PM

Yet another great video from Vogey Productions! woot The memories in that video will be with the both of you forever! Not to mention those "Monster Slab Fights"! Again awesome job guys! woot

Side Note: Ever think about getting a kayak?

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/22/19 08:44 PM

Laker...Sure, I've thought about it, but will be 68 next month & things are just getting a little harder to do each year, so pretty much ruled it out. Also, I like to fish different parts of the lake (like dam area, then east reedbeds) & rowing back & forth sound like work ! You ever considered getting a boat ?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/23/19 07:23 PM

Enjoyed the video Vogey. Keep em coming.

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/23/19 08:48 PM

Thanks Jagg & Gitter...appreciate the feedback...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/25/19 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Laker...Sure, I've thought about it, but will be 68 next month & things are just getting a little harder to do each year, so pretty much ruled it out. Also, I like to fish different parts of the lake (like dam area, then east reedbeds) & rowing back & forth sound like work ! You ever considered getting a boat ?

Yes! I thought about getting me a 16 foot Tracker! I really love fishing form my Kayaks and do not mind the paddling or the peddling. Love the stealth approach and the spots I can get to. I can see me buying a boat in the distant future. Both of my friends I fish with have boats but even they also prefer their kayaks over their boats when it comes to fishing. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/25/19 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Originally Posted by Vogey

Yes! I thought about getting me a 16 foot Tracker! I really love fishing form my Kayaks and do not mind the paddling or the peddling. Love the stealth approach and the spots I can get to. I can see me buying a boat in the distant future. Both of my friends I fish with have boats but even they also prefer their kayaks over their boats when it comes to fishing. woot

Great choice on the Tracker! Fred aka Rionator has one and we have caught many and many of BIG fish off of it over the years. His boat is a 16 foot and there is plenty of room to fish three anglers! He also has side scan which can tell you a lot about the area you are fishing in! Great boat.

Re: Fayette Video from 8-20-19 - 08/25/19 07:27 PM

Agree...Trackers are good boats. I have had 2 of them was happy with both...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum