Texas Fishing Forum

Question of the WEEK?

Posted By: Laker One

Question of the WEEK? - 08/18/19 02:23 PM

Hot and more Hot is the basic upcoming weather forecast! flame Who is going fishing? noidea Stay cool out there! coolio
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/18/19 03:00 PM

The plan right now is to take my grandson to Fayette on Tuesday for half day. Laker, when you fished Fayette last week did you make it over to the dam at all, or stay pretty close to Oak Thicket launch ?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/18/19 03:05 PM

It's going to be to much on the hot side for me. Will be fishing Lake Air Conditioner until it gets a little cooler outside! Have a couple of fall trips planed!

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/18/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
The plan right now is to take my grandson to Fayette on Tuesday for half day. Laker, when you fished Fayette last week did you make it over to the dam at all, or stay pretty close to Oak Thicket launch ?

Stayed on fairly close to Oak Thicket but did fish two coves away from there. We started at the cove right at the launch and the bite was awesome. While coming back we fished it again and not a single bite. This was at the end of the trip. We figured the fish moved to a little deeper water. Never made it to the dam! You and your grandson should do pretty good!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/18/19 04:48 PM

Fishing all this week. If plans go right I will be fishing with Fred aka Rionator and my ol' fishing buddy Mike aka USMC-Guy, on Fayette later this week! hooked

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/20/19 01:47 PM

Coming up on my three days off! Going to fish both Mcqueeney and Placid! woot Might fish Decker if time permits. hmmm
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/20/19 09:05 PM

We have been on the lake for the pass 5 week and the good from 6 to 9 but when the sun get high in the sky the fishing get very good, the bream are on the beds here in east Texas, around 12 the are tight on the beds.
We been using a 1# fly rod with a slow sinking foam spider we make.
Will post some photos of today fish later.
[Linked Image]
This is what we have found all around the back area of Pines this Aug we been fishing beds.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hope to be back over to Lake Glimer hunting for the big Gill the have them up to 1.5lb.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/21/19 01:53 AM

Nice fish. That is one BIG Longear! cheers
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/21/19 08:23 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question. What does the heat have to do with going fishing? If I am off work, I am fishing.
Posted By: jagg

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/22/19 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
I'm not sure I understand the question. What does the heat have to do with going fishing? If I am off work, I am fishing.

These are facts
Posted By: jagg

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/22/19 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

This is also a fact.

I’m nickel and dime-ing it, but still getting out there!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Question of the WEEK? - 08/22/19 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jagg
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

This is also a fact.

I’m nickel and dime-ing it, but still getting out there!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes indeed.
woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum