Texas Fishing Forum

Personal Best Redear

Posted By: Catyakker

Personal Best Redear - 08/06/19 09:51 PM

As age creeps up on me, I have found that getting in and out of my kayak is pretty much getting dangerous (I fall a lot). Therefore, I am pretty much shore bound tagging along with Banker when he's free. However, here lately, when Chuck is busy, I have been concentrating on one of our over fished local City Park Lakes where access is limited to holes in the shoreline reeds. which causes it to be overcrowded before noon. So, I have been donating a few hours during the heat of the day with no shade, (and with the whole lake to myself), just so I can at least, watch my bobber go under. Well today, while slip bobbing at four feet deep over an underwater grass bed I found some dandys, (who would have thought ). Even caught my largest to date at 11 1/2 inches weighing .98 [Linked Image]
Posted By: psalty

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/06/19 10:19 PM

Looking good- Congrats. I can relate to the age-old wobbliness. Stay safe and suggest having another angler nearby. thumb

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/06/19 10:28 PM

Thanks a bunch psalty. Ol Chuck takes real good care of me, and the banks around the City Park Lake are like sitting in the front yard minus the shade. grin
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 12:45 AM

Holy carp Caty...that's one monster ! Congrats...
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:05 AM

Looks to me like Chucks front yard. You caught that fish in his aquarium didn’t you 😁😁😁😁. Awesome fish. Too bad you didn’t catch it in October. It would have weighed a pound and a half.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:06 AM

cheers Yes sir that's a dandy! Congrats

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:14 AM

Caty...Here is a quick pencil sketch of your monster...[Linked Image]

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 02:10 AM

Thanks J-Moe and Pop r. Dad blame Vogey, never had a picture sketched of me, WOW I ever look younger being sketched. Surely do thank you. bouncy
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey

Rick! Steve's sketch is well worth framing! cheers

bow_down Huge CONGRATULATIONS on not only your PB Redear but your two NEW RECORDS! Both a Catch&Release and Weight Record will be submitted for water body records. Great job Chief! thumb

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by J-Moe
Looks to me like Chucks front yard. You caught that fish in his aquarium didn’t you 😁😁😁😁. Awesome fish. Too bad you didn’t catch it in October. It would have weighed a pound and a half.

Aw now J-Moe, don't you go letting everybody know about Chucks Top Secret fishing hole. roflmao Oh, I let the fish go alive and well right in the same place he was caught. Sure do appreciate your Tip on the bucket Bubbler. It works real good. grin
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 02:50 AM

Nice job! That is a slab for sure.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 04:07 AM

Congrats on your PB Caty !! Gorgeous fish !

Very nice work on the sketch Steve !!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 09:27 AM

Forgot to tell you Jamie! I had a pond put in my backyard and stocked it with trophy size Redear and Bluegill! eeks Between my pond and Andrew's (aks Fitz) Aquarium me and Rick should have no problem at all staying up with you on the record count! hammer

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:10 PM

WOW, That's AWESOME. You have talent Vogey. I thought you just did some computer magic like you do on your photos. I didn't realize you sketched that by hand with a pencil. I would definitely frame something like that.

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Forgot to tell you Jamie! I had a pond put in my backyard and stocked it with trophy size Redear and Bluegill! eeks Between my pond and Andrew's (aks Fitz) Aquarium me and Rick should have no problem at all staying up with you on the record count! hammer

I'd sneak into your backyard and catch them if it weren't for that ferocious guard dog you have roflmao

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker

Aw now J-Moe, don't you go letting everybody know about Chucks Top Secret fishing hole. roflmao Oh, I let the fish go alive and well right in the same place he was caught. Sure do appreciate your Tip on the bucket Bubbler. It works real good. grin

Yep, that 5 dollar baby bubbles keeps those fish alive and well while they are transported to a scale. I always have my minnow bucket and bubbler with me on the kayak. Glad to know you put it back in the same spot. I'll be there in October to catch it when it's back to 1.5 lbs. grin

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 02:52 PM

Joe...R U kidding me...I don't actually pencil sketch by hand...it's one of the programs on Fotosketcher software. Fun to play with.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 03:20 PM

Very nice redear.

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 04:56 PM

Joe...R U kidding me...I don't actually pencil sketch by hand...it's one of the programs on Fotosketcher software. Fun to play with.

roflmao You fooled me. It's Jamie Meaux (Moe) by the way, not Joe grin I need to check out that program.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread Rick but it's the least I could do since you keep breaking all my records roflmao

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/07/19 06:36 PM

Sorry Jamie...not sure why I always say "Joe Moe" in my head when I read your posts. The Fotosketcher software is free. You just have to download it on your PC from the internet. It has around 30 different programs in it, but the one I use the most is "Vivify". It really enhances your photos...and you can adjust color, light, contrast etc. Give it a try, its super fun to play with, especially on fish pics...
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/08/19 12:24 AM

Nice fish. Congratulations on both the PB and Records.

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 02:34 AM

Thanks a bunch doctorxring, 1960Texas, Osborn and Gitter. Really appreciate your responses. smile
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 03:13 AM

Congrats Rick on your PB redear! It's a trophy
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 01:31 PM

Nice fish Catyakker and huge congratulations on your PB and records! Nicely done. woot
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 03:06 PM

Gorgeous fish, congrats.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 10:04 PM

Nice one Rick! thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Personal Best Redear - 08/09/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Chuck, you are welcome fish in my living room any time fish breakdance
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum