Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody Sabiki?

Posted By: boocat

Anybody Sabiki? - 07/28/19 08:45 PM

Maybe I'm late to the party, just discovered these.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/28/19 10:07 PM

I've been using them for more than 10 years . They are great for catching offshore bait you can catch 2 & 3 pinfish at a time.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 12:42 AM

I have never used them! thumb

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 12:47 PM

As much as I have surfed tackle on the net , I have never run across them. Sure , back in the day we would tie 2 jigs on a line for sand trout but I have never seen the sabiki rig. I just ran across them by accident while checking out cheap stuff on Chinese amazon ( Ali Express ) I really didn't realize they were all tied together, I just saw some little ghost shrimp looking baits that I thought looked interesting so I ordered them. They arrive and I found them all tied together and found out what they were. I actually separated one rig to use individually and kept 2 as they were. Seems like the crappie guys would be all over this?
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 01:20 PM

Tried them for crappie. Too much trouble and too many tangles. Ill stick to my single jigs

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by gar1970
Tried them for crappie. Too much trouble and too many tangles. Ill stick to my single jigs

Kinda thought that could be the case.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by gar1970

Friend of mine used them a couple of times. Way to many tangles! nuts

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 01:43 PM

anyway, I can cut them apart.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by boocat
anyway, I can cut them apart.

I have seen them but I do not know anyone using them. I would just use single jigs or other artificial baits.
Posted By: Rionator

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 08:03 PM

I use them a lot, but for catching bait fish when I go deep sea fishing, we catch google eyes with them they are deadly!
Posted By: SirDukeOfLor

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/29/19 09:44 PM

On the westcoast, we used them to catch bait fish at the docks, like herring.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Anybody Sabiki? - 07/31/19 03:22 AM

The last time I went to Fayette my fishing bud pulled a Sabiki out of his tackle box saying he had been wanting to try one of these on perch. He uses them in salt water to catch bait. For the time he used it, which was late in the day and the bite had slowed he caught one on every cast. They are a bit of trouble to handle but doable. He just threw it out and reeled it back in very slowly. It was open water with no risk of snags. I bought a few and put them in my tackle box for an option under certain conditions.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum