Texas Fishing Forum

Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19

Posted By: Laker One

Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/28/19 02:03 PM

Myself and fishing pals Jeff and Steve fished Lady Bird Lake Austin this past Friday. We fished from 7am till 11am and the bite was good. We caught Bluegill,Redear,LMB,and Hybrid Sunfish. Most of the sunnies were in the 8 to 9 inch range with only two going over 10". The bass were all in the 2 to 3 pound range. Bite was good from about 7:30am till 10am. After 10am the bite shut down completely. We fished from Kayaks on the west side of IH 35 and launched on the west side. Fish were mainly holding by grass beds in 12 feet of water. Small crank baits and spinner baits were used. All in all a descent day on the water. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/28/19 02:55 PM

As always nice report Laker! Seeing a lot of Austin area post lately. Are you fishing the Austin Lakes more since the Dunlap Dam break?
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/28/19 03:15 PM

Great report LO ! I’ve been thinking about trying LBL with my Austinite son. Good to hear there are some grass beds in LBL. I guess not that many grass carp washed into it from Lake Austin. Have you noticed any zebra mussels in LBL ? Lake Austin is full of them.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/28/19 03:57 PM

thumb Nice report.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/28/19 05:41 PM

Nice post as always Curtis! You guys are having a super year! cheers

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/30/19 11:02 AM

Thanks guys for the replies! cheers Gitter Done: I fished Dunlap a lot each year and yes I am fishing more different water bodies since the dam break. Will be hitting both Mcqueeney and Placid a lot during the late summer and fall! Doc: I personally have not seen any Zebra Mussels on Lady Bird Lake but have heard that they are there. I have heard from anglers that they are in a lot of water bodies through out Texas!
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/30/19 01:59 PM

Nice report LO...Looking forward to your Fayette trip report...
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 07/31/19 03:50 AM

Sounds like a great time! thumb

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 08/02/19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Nice report LO...Looking forward to your Fayette trip report...

Hope to make it out there soon! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lady Bird Lake. 7-26-19 - 08/02/19 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Thanks guys for the replies! cheers Gitter Done: I fished Dunlap a lot each year and yes I am fishing more different water bodies since the dam break. Will be hitting both Mcqueeney and Placid a lot during the late summer and fall! Doc: I personally have not seen any Zebra Mussels on Lady Bird Lake but have heard that they are there. I have heard from anglers that they are in a lot of water bodies through out Texas!

Thanks Laker. I kind of figured you and Chuck have been fishing else where. Do not see any Dunlap reports anymore!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum