Texas Fishing Forum

Fork

Posted By: Resh

Fork - 07/26/19 04:04 AM

For those that have fished it, do the bluegills go deep all summer? Bridge pilings with worms? Shallow around wood and pads? I miss catching eating sized bluegills, not much around dfw. Can catch crappie, bass no problem out there, but want to catch some overlooked little beauties smile
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fork - 07/26/19 10:10 AM

I have never fished Fork. Fork is known for big bass and if you have big bass you are going to have big Bluegill/Sunfish. During the mid summer months sunfish seem to go into deeper water and can usually be found by grass/weed beds. They can also be found by docks,brush piles,and bridge pilings in 12 to 16 feet of water. Worms would be the bait I would use. Good luck and let us know how you do! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fork - 07/26/19 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
I have never fished Fork. Fork is known for big bass and if you have big bass you are going to have big Bluegill/Sunfish. During the mid summer months sunfish seem to go into deeper water and can usually be found by grass/weed beds. They can also be found by docks,brush piles,and bridge pilings in 12 to 16 feet of water. Worms would be the bait I would use. Good luck and let us know how you do! thumb

Plus #1. However I would use a grub, Chartreuse or White in color! hooked That's just me. I use nothing but artificial baits!

Re: Fork - 07/26/19 02:10 PM

Thank you for the replies, I'll give it a go and see what I can come up with. Just deciding if I want to drive an hour and a half this weekend to experiment, as if I have more important things going on fish
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Fork - 07/27/19 04:30 PM

Ghost Minnows are the best bait for big bluegills. They will eat worms and crickets, etc but you can fill a cooler with the big un's if you catch some ghost minnows and use them.

Re: Fork - 07/27/19 08:27 PM

What is a ghost minnow? I googled it, seems like multiple companies make a bass bait called that
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fork - 07/28/19 12:11 AM

I do not target sunfish but hope you find a bunch. As already been stated Fork is a great bass lake and there sure be a good population of big Blugeill!

Re: Fork - 07/28/19 02:54 AM

We stayed closer to home today, caught about a million 6 inch bluegills on worms. Nothing to eat, but fun fishing a great evening
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Fork - 07/29/19 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Reshelman
We stayed closer to home today, caught about a million 6 inch bluegills on worms. Nothing to eat, but fun fishing a great evening

You probably did the right thing. I fish for them on Fork with nightcrawlers but haven't had a lot of luck this summer and especially as of late. They just don't seem to be where they usually are. For one thing, the lily pads haven't really spread out this year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum