Texas Fishing Forum

Slabs on FALCON!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 02:38 PM

Met Jared aka Falcon Fishing Guide at his home lake, Lake Falcon! Jared is an avid bass angler but is learning and showing a desire to go after the Bluegill-Sunfish. I fished with Jared for two days. Sunday evening from 5:30pm till 9pm and again on Monday from 7am till 1:30pm. This was the very first time for me fishing Falcon. Jared knows the lake very well and has already got some pretty good Bluegill spots pinned down. His spots "Paid Off" and we caught some nice Bluegill Slabs. We also caught a bunch of Rios, Hybrid Sunfish,Crappie,a few bass,Channel Catfish,Tilapia, and a whole bunch of White Bass! The days were extremely hot with temperatures 100 degrees plus. We were off the lake during the hottest times of the day. We did have a nice wind both days on the water which was a huge help in keeping us somewhat cool. We caught plenty of fish and kept some for Jared's friends who wanted them for up coming fish dinners. Fish were caught in 12 to 16 feet of water holding by rock ledges. Worms were used on all fish and small spinner baits were used on the White Bass. We also managed to catch four first time records for Lake Falcon. A Rio at .56 Lbs. (We tried looking for a 9"plus and the best we came up with was a 8.5"). Tilapia Record at 1.06 Lbs, Hybrid Sunfish Record at .65 Lbs, and a White Bass Record at .65 Lbs. The White Bass Record was Jared's first water body record ever with hopefully more to follow! Paper work on all four fish will be sent to the Texas Parks&Wildlife for their review. It was great meeting a super angler who wants to learn and target Bluegill-Sunfish fishing. Meeting Jared and some of his friends and coworkers (America's Finest) and fishing a great lake, It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 02:44 PM

Congratulations Jared on your first of many more records to follow! First Falcon White Bass Pending Record!

[Linked Image]

Now get some more and get that bigger Rio! rockon
Posted By: pop r

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 03:10 PM

cheers Nice photos! Sounds like a great time Banker. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 03:14 PM

Thanks pop r for the reply! cheers Had a super time on Falcon for sure! thumb

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 03:40 PM

A nice Tilapia and pending Falcon Lake Record!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 04:16 PM

Looks like a successful trip...Was wondering where u have been lately...good fish...

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 04:50 PM

[quote=Vogey]Looks like a successful trip...Was wondering where u have been lately...good fish...[/quot

Thanks Steve for the reply! Been fishing a lot. Locally it's been on the Austin area creeks and hill country rivers. Made three road trips to the Nueces Canyon, Sabinal Valley, and to Lake Falcon. Met Jared and some super people. Also fished a super lake and caught some super fish. Plan on fishing Falcon a lot more the future. thumb
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 05:15 PM

Dam, Banker! I wish I knew you were down here! I’d like to fish with you sometime!

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 05:28 PM

Thanks Tommar for the reply. Great lake and plan on fishing it some more. Hopefully one of these days in the near future we can meet up and do some fishing. thumb

Side Note: Send me PM with your phone number and maybe we can plan a future trip. cheers
Posted By: Falcon Lake Guide

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 06:28 PM

Had a great time Chuck looking forward to the next one

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 09:06 PM

fish thumb
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 10:16 PM

Wow...great report and pics. Now you need to get one of those hats that Jared has on to keep your ears cool. laugh
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/16/19 10:27 PM

Congrats on the new records guys clap
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/17/19 03:19 AM

Great report Chuck !

Glad you guys got into some good fish and secured those records !

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/17/19 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Falcon Lake Guide
Had a great time Chuck looking forward to the next one

Thanks Tom, Rick, Leo, and Chris for the replies. cheers Jared: Yes Sir had a great time and enjoyed being on the lake and fishing with you. That BIG RIO is out there somewhere! hide2 It's just a matter of finding it and then catching it! hooked

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/20/19 09:34 AM

"It's Official"

Record board updated by Texas Parks&Wildlife! Four new RECORDS on Lake Falcon! coolio

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/21/19 01:37 AM

thumb Congrats guys!

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/21/19 10:10 PM

Great job, fellas!

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/29/19 01:01 AM

Thanks pop r and Tommar for the replies! Hope to fish Falcon again late summer or early fall! thumb
Posted By: cellis

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/29/19 08:17 PM

Good story and pics. Congratulations to you both! thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 07/29/19 09:10 PM

Awesome post as always Chuck! Congrats to you on new records and Jared on first record fish. Thanks for sharing cheers

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/03/19 03:38 AM

Thanks cellis and Yesenia for the replies! cheers Will be fishing Falcon again! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/08/19 12:46 AM

Great post and some super fish. Good job guys on the Falcon Lake Records.

Side Note: I fished Falcon a lot many years ago. Also fished some pretty good bass tournaments there. how was the boat traffic?
Posted By: garbow

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/09/19 02:12 AM

That’s awesome going to be down there real soon!! Can’t wait we are gonna go gar fishing down the here !!
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/09/19 10:22 PM

I had fun reading this. Well done Jared and Chuck! No surprise records were set, Chuck is the Record KING and often people fishing w Chuck set records as well.. For the last 2 years I have driven down to Falcon Lake in late Jan/early Feb with several other TFF'rs, kayaks in tow. Both times I gave, at best, a mediocre effort to catch some Sunnies, but no luck, and quickly went back to focusing on Bass. I may fish it again in late Fall this year and certainly will be back down there around Super Bowl weekend next year. thumb
Posted By: jagg

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/09/19 11:48 PM

Record setting CREW!! cheers

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/13/19 09:59 PM

Thanks Gitter, Garbow, Andrew,and Corey for the replies! cheers Hope to make it back to Falcon in October. Gitter: The boat traffic was light. There was a bass tournament there Sunday morning with a lot of boats. By the time I hit the water they were all cleared out! thumb

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/19/19 02:29 PM

I know the boat traffic at the ramp can be fairly heavy especially during a bass tournament. I have fished some of those Falcon Tournaments many years ago! Great lake.
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/20/19 12:53 AM

Awesome post! Nice fish for sure!

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/25/19 05:18 PM

Thanks Addicted 2 Fishing for the reply! Will be fishing Falcon a lot more! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 08/31/19 10:44 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job Guys! cheers Also congratulations on your record fish! woot

Side Note: Never fished Falcon before and it is on my bucket list! When is the best time of year to fish Falcon? Also which part of the Lake is best? Upper end or lower end? Might head that way next year! hmmm

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 09/06/19 10:13 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! For what I have been told spring and fall is the best time to fish Falcon. I have never fished the upper part of the lake only the lower. As for which is best I could not tell you. I did super good on the lower end and would highly suggest the lower part of the lake. PM sent! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 09/15/19 01:34 PM

Thanks Chuck. Got your PM. Hopefully will be fishing Falcon soon! woot

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 09/25/19 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Thanks Chuck. Got your PM. Hopefully will be fishing Falcon soon! woot

thumb

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 10/02/19 06:50 PM

You planning any winter trips to Falcon?

Re: Slabs on FALCON! - 10/06/19 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
You planning any winter trips to Falcon?

Might have a fall plan in the works. hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum