Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx

Posted By: Falcon Lake Guide

Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 02:34 AM

Def not Falcon Lake size but first time perch fishing here .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 02:42 AM

I’d like to target them on Falcon sometime. I catch a few off my dock but nothing of much size.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 02:47 AM

Lots of crappie under that pier

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 02:47 AM

Thanks for your service !!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 02:55 AM

Good job Jared. Looking forward to meeting up with you! thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/12/19 10:37 PM

thumb
Posted By: Flags

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/13/19 12:50 PM

Nice, but why call them"perch?" Perch are a distinct family of fishes. Sunfish and crappie are not members of the perch family. I have noticed a lot of folks seem to lump them together. Why is that?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/13/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
Nice, but why call them"perch?" Perch are a distinct family of fishes. Sunfish and crappie are not members of the perch family. I have noticed a lot of folks seem to lump them together. Why is that?

Not many anglers target sunfish like the ones who usually post here often. I have met many of anglers who call sunfish perch. It is just a slang term that a lot of anglers use. hmmm If anglers would stay up on the post in this section they could learn a lot!

Side Note: Nice fish FLG. Looks like to me you may have a Bluegill, Hybrid Bluegill,and Crappie. Several years ago I would be calling em "Perch". woot

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/13/19 01:57 PM

Not sure called them perch since I was a kid
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/13/19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Falcon Lake Guide
Not sure called them perch since I was a kid

Plus #1. I have always called em perch myself. I do not target the sunfish at all but love reading the post and learning about these fish as well. A lot of smart anglers post here on a regular basis and I have learned a lot. I use the word perch and brim a lot and still do. I do know the proper name is Sunfish and that there six basic fish in the sunfish family. Always love reading the post and seeing the catches made in this section.

Side Note: Nice post and fish.
Posted By: wgpj

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/14/19 09:11 PM

If they were not called perch, then I could not be called Worlds Greatest Perch Jerker. Lol
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/15/19 11:50 AM

I used to call them "Perch" but now I call them all "Bluegill" so I've come a long ways over the years! roflmao
Posted By: SK.

Re: Lake Casa Blanca Laredo Tx - 07/15/19 04:02 PM

Nice catches.......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum