Texas Fishing Forum

Need expert help...live crickets

Posted By: NitroUSAF

Need expert help...live crickets - 06/26/19 07:23 PM

Is there a location where I can purchase live crickets in the north Dallas // north Ft Worth area...besides pet stores that charge two arms and a leg...however its that my only option, i will take it. Any advice is welcome P/M please
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/26/19 07:28 PM

I do not use crickets but anglers who do and some post in this section have ordered them on Amazon or Ebay. Hopefully some of them will reply.
Posted By: wgpj

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/26/19 10:44 PM

I order 1,000 ( about $45 delivered to my door) from a cricket farm such as Armstrong's. I get them next day and immediately freeze them in pill bottles with 50-100 crickets per bottle. When ready to fish, I grab a couple of bottles and head out. They work just as well as live ones and easily keep for at least a year. I always have crickets.
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/26/19 10:57 PM

A guy in Louisville was selling them last year.See his post here.

Crickets are murder to raise. Most people give up after spending a lot trying to raise the little devils.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/27/19 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by wgpj
I order 1,000 ( about $45 delivered to my door) from a cricket farm such as Armstrong's. I get them next day and immediately freeze them in pill bottles with 50-100 crickets per bottle. When ready to fish, I grab a couple of bottles and head out. They work just as well as live ones and easily keep for at least a year. I always have crickets.

If I was fishing crickets I would being doing this! woot

Side Note: You might also try the Gulp Alive Leaches. They work good on the Bluegill/Sunfish.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/27/19 12:38 PM

Leroy's Bait Shop on Hwy. 78 near Lavon
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/27/19 03:03 PM

Thank to all the reply's, this will get me started. I can definitely call the place in Lavon.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Need expert help...live crickets - 06/28/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Chaser
Leroy's Bait Shop on Hwy. 78 near Lavon

The TFF at it's best!

Side Note: Also like what wgpj does with those crickets. Good idea if you use them.
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum