Texas Fishing Forum

Some South Texas Fishing Holes!

Posted By: Laker One

Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/22/19 02:09 PM

Myself and fishing buddy Jeff met up with Chuck(BAF) this past Wednesday. Chuck was not going to fish that day but I talked him into it. We went to a couple of his many fishing spots where I did some good honest BANK FISHING! The bite was on fire as Chuck would say. We all caught good numbers of TROPHY SIZE RIOS, some nice Bluegill,and Redear. I think Chuck will be filing for a few more water body records. We fished from 7am till 12noon.Some spots the water was clear and other areas the water was cloudy/stained as the result of some past local showers. All fish were released to fight another day! Always a good time fishing with the Banker! woot

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/22/19 02:35 PM

Chuck wasn't going to fish ? Uh Huh...right....lol. Good report. The water in pic 2 looks beautiful. Keep those new records coming...
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/22/19 04:18 PM

Wow, Laker, Great report and Pics. Yep your right about Banker knows where to bank fish. A real sportsman sharing his spots like he does. hooked
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/22/19 07:00 PM

Enjoyed the trip Curtis. cheers Watching you and Jeff catching those Rios using those ultralights with those grubs made the trip in it's self worth it. Just think you almost out fished the "Bait of Champions,Worms"! hooked Looking forward to the next time. thumb

Side Note: Now that I showed you a few of my fishing holes,you need to show me some of those crappie holes! coolio

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/23/19 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Enjoyed the trip Curtis. cheers Watching you and Jeff catching those Rios using those ultralights with those grubs made the trip in it's self worth it. Just think you almost out fished the "Bait of Champions,Worms"! hooked Looking forward to the next time. thumb

Side Note: Now that I showed you a few of my fishing holes,you need to show me some of those crappie holes! coolio

Yep one good deed deserves another! woot

Side Note: That was the best Rio fishing I have done this year. That area holds a lot of them!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/23/19 12:41 PM

Nice fish and post LO! Good job guys.

Side Note: You should talk Chuck into getting a kayak!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/23/19 03:43 PM

thumb Awesome post guys.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/25/19 08:22 PM

Great post and nice pics Laker One! I had to re-read where you said Banker wasnt gonna fish that day,i couldnt beleive what i was reading!! Thanks for sharing! clap
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/25/19 08:24 PM

Great post and nice pics Laker One! I had to re-read where you said Banker wasnt gonna fish that day,i couldnt beleive what i was reading!! Thanks for sharing! clap

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/25/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/26/19 12:12 AM

Very nice Curtis
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Some South Texas Fishing Holes! - 06/26/19 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

I offered Chuck to have a spin in my Hobie, the offer was respectfully declined!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum