Texas Fishing Forum

Creek or pond.. argyle area

Posted By: Kyle Horn

Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/13/19 12:40 AM

Me and my boys need to know of a place we can get down to with worms and catch a mess of bream.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/13/19 03:00 AM

I do not fish in the Dallas area but several anglers who post here do. Hopefully some will reply. thumb

Side Note: Just about any creek,pond,river,or lake will hold bream. With boys who really want to catch fish, I would find a pond usually some City Parks will have them and fish the shaded areas with worms. This time of year shaded areas of water,docks,and overhanging tree limbs will hold some fish. You might also check the internet on water bodies in your area. Good luck and hope you find some fish. Let us know how you do! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/13/19 11:22 AM

Creeks and ponds are a good place to take kids bream fishing. Try a pond first because it will be easier to fish. I would use google maps to locate ponds in your area. woot

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/13/19 07:52 PM

No kidding I have been to marshal creek and two city ponds. Worms and bobbers. Zero bites!!! It is unreal. When I was younger we would catch 50-75 bream a day for trot lines in about 30-45 minutes
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/14/19 12:40 AM

Kyle - I also live in FloMo and taught my kids the basics of fishing catching sunfish off the bank at Twin Coves Park on Grapevine. Nothing big, from my experience you might need to drive a few hours to find a water body with dinner sized bream.

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/14/19 01:39 AM

Lake grapevine is closed right now to the best of my knowledge. Even smaller than eater is fine by me. We have our worms dug and ready
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/14/19 10:59 AM

Love it when Dads are taking their son's fishing. Hope you find a bunch.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/14/19 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Horn
Lake grapevine is closed right now to the best of my knowledge. Even smaller than eater is fine by me. We have our worms dug and ready

The lake is not closed but some parks, like Twin Coves, are. However, the Corp has been dumping a lot of water out of the lake for the past week and the level is quickly falling. Twin Coves could be open very soon. Murrell is open now. If your kids are just learning about fishing I would go to a couple spots first by myself to locate some sunfish then go get the kids so they are guaranteed some action.

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/14/19 06:59 PM

As already been mentioned. Use Google! woot

It's great that a Dad wants to take his kids fishing. Good job Sir! coolio

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/16/19 12:31 PM

Funny story, found a spot. Caught 10 so fast my head spun. Brought the boys there the next morning NADA. However my oldest caught about a 2lb large mouth.

Re: Creek or pond.. argyle area - 06/16/19 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Horn
Funny story, found a spot. Caught 10 so fast my head spun. Brought the boys there the next morning NADA. However my oldest caught about a 2lb large mouth.

Getting your boys out is totally awesome! Your oldest catching a two pound bass made it more awesome! keep looking for those fishing spots with your boys and you will have plenty of life time memories to share with grand kids. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum