Texas Fishing Forum

Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 05:32 PM

Started filming a T.V. show with the Texas Parks&Wildlife Dept. on Monday 6-3-19. Texas Parks&Wildlife Producer Don Cash is doing a video on the Angler Recognition Program of the Texas Parks&Wildlife. He made arrangements to fish with myself and a few of my fishing buddies. Our first location was on a piece of God's Country. The West Prong Nueces River. We met up with Ranch Manager Leo aka Gar 1970 and his wife Yesenia aka Pot Licker. Filming the video was Producer Don Cash. We fished from 8:30a to 1pm and took a break for lunch. Yesenia had prepared the best tacos in Texas. A homemade fruit jello was dessert. We fished for two more hours from 2:30p to 4:30p. We had a great day and caught plenty of BIG fish. We caught about 50 basic sunfish which included Redear,Bluegill,and Hybrid Sunfish. Every sunfish caught was over a half pound. Leo caught a 22 inch Large Mouth Bass which his wife Yesenia had hooked into a lost 15 minutes earlier. Leo was able to retrieve her hook. Leo also caught a Channel Catfish which weighed 3.64 Lbs. We were able to catch three record fish on camera. Leo's Catch&Release LMB record and his Channel Catfish record. I was able to catch a Hybrid Sunfish which was just under 10" in length and weighed .84 Lbs. Sunfish were caught on worms. The bass and Channel Cat's were caught on Senkos. All fish were released after record documentation was completed. Records Applications and photos of the fish will be sent to the Texas Parks&Wildlife for their review. There will be several other filming's at different locations throughout the summer. We were supposed to fish Camp Wood Creek today but due to heavy rains and a tornado the trip was cancelled and will be rescheduled. Fishing in God's Country with great friends and the Texas Parks&Wildlife Dept. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 06:02 PM

That is awesome Chuck. It would be great to have a fishing show that was actually geared to just having fun with just the simple hook line and sinker.

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 06:26 PM

Thanks Jeff! Love that simple style of fishing! thumb
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 09:37 PM

Wow...A star is born...well, nothin we here at the bluegill section of the forum didn't already know !
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 09:45 PM

Here are some more pics from yesterdays fishing with Chuck.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is Don filming me taking a picture of Leo. Don says no one ever takes pictures of the camera man. Lol!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We had lots of fun. Im glad that we got this opportunity to do this filming with you Chuck. Thank you!!

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 10:08 PM

Thanks Yesenia. coolphotos Good times as always in "God's Country"! cheers Also thanks Steve. Just love fishing and the outdoors. Always a great time. thumb

Side Note: Filming again June 24th with Jamie aka J-Moe and Rick aka The Catyakker! Will be fishing Camp Wood Creek! thumb The weather really took a turn for the worst. Poured down rain early this morning in Brakettville. Myself,Don,Rick,and Jamie all saw a tornado over Bracketville. The siren at Fort Clark went off. Tornado never hit the ground but was kind of scary watching it. scared
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 11:10 PM

That's awesome, Chuck! It's about time they gave you your own fishing show!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/04/19 11:45 PM

Hmmm hmmm "fishing with chuck" it's got a nice ring to it!
I had a blast fishing with you chuck! Thanks for coming out.
[Linked Image]
The master measuring his record hybrid sunfish
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What a difference a day makes! Well i do live in flash flood alley after all

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/05/19 01:26 AM

Thanks Will and Leo! cheers Will: Glad to see a post. Will be calling you soon to see when you can get some time off. I know you stay busy! juggle Leo: Holy Cow! What a difference a day makes. You are completely flooded in. OMG And to think we drove through that gate yesterday. "UNBELIEVABLE"! nuts Always a "BLAST" to fish with both you and Yesenia. Hope we can do all over again ! coolio
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/05/19 01:27 AM

Weee doggies ! Catching record fish while doing a TV show !! That's great !!

Be sure and let us know when this show airs Chuck.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/05/19 02:49 AM

That is just awesome Chuck! Please do keep us posted on when we can see the show!
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/05/19 03:53 AM

What a great experience. It just don't get much better. Great job guys and gal.

>E

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/05/19 12:08 PM

Thanks Chris,Fish the Bite,and Kelly for the replies! cheers If the filming goes well the show should air in late October or early November. Will post T.V. channels and times that it will air on once I get the information. After the show is aired on T.V. it will on the Texas Parks&Wildlife's video section on their web site to view. thumb
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/07/19 01:27 AM

Side Note: Filming again June 24th with Jamie aka J-Moe and Rick aka The Catyakker! Will be fishing Camp Wood Creek! thumb The weather really took a turn for the worst. Poured down rain early this morning in Brakettville. Myself,Don,Rick,and Jamie all saw a tornado over Bracketville. The siren at Fort Clark went off. Tornado never hit the ground but was kind of scary watching it. scared[/quote]

Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy....can't hardly wait. cheer
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/07/19 11:54 AM

Awesome pictures!!! God's country

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/10/19 10:10 AM

Looks like will be seeing some Drones on the 24th. breakdance
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/10/19 10:07 PM

Great Pics!

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/18/19 01:42 AM

Thanks Alan for the reply. Next week it's "Fishing with J-Moe and the Catyakker!" They better have their A-Game! hooked
Posted By: pop r

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/18/19 11:55 PM

Great pictures! Awesome post Banker. Keep up the good work guys and girls!
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/18/19 11:58 PM

Very cool Chuck!! cheers If the show needs another fly flicker, I would make myself available. You are in good hands w Jamie and Catyakker thumb

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/22/19 02:07 AM

Thanks pop r and Andrew for the replies! cheers Andrew: Yes Sir there is a lot of total years for fly rod experience between Rick and Jamie. Should be a lot of fun to watch! thumb I just hope that both the fish and weather cooperate. hmmm Camp Wood is coming soon. coolio
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/26/19 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks pop r and Andrew for the replies! cheers Andrew: Yes Sir there is a lot of total years for fly rod experience between Rick and Jamie. Should be a lot of fun to watch! thumb I just hope that both the fish and weather cooperate. hmmm Camp Wood is coming soon. coolio

Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Im in for Camp Wood

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/26/19 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dfitz
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Im in for Camp Wood

Will be posting a story soon! thumb
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 06/28/19 02:24 AM

Awesome! cheers

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/04/19 03:45 AM

Thanks BigDpzer66 for the reply! cheers
Posted By: SK.

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/04/19 04:08 PM

Very nice and be sure to let us know when it's gonna air..... Would love to see it....
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/06/19 12:16 PM

Very nice Chuck. Congrats.

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/12/19 10:19 AM

Thanks SK and Champion Fish for the replies. SK it is supposed to air sometime in November. Will let everyone know when I get the times and dates! noidea
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/18/19 07:22 AM

Cool pics banker

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 07/31/19 07:15 PM

Thanks river-rat for the reply! Also thanks for opening up the OT Coffee Shop! coffee
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 08/09/19 02:12 PM

Great thread Chuck! "Hard Work and having Fun pays off." How was the bite during the days of the filming? Glad you were able to catch some records on film! Again super job also to both Gar 1970 and to his wife Pot Licker! woot

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 08/17/19 02:22 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! We got lucky and found good fish each time out the Texas Parks&Wildlife! They got some good footage of a lot of our catches. Can't wait to see the finish product! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 08/22/19 01:23 PM

Thanks Chuck. Looking forward to seeing the show! Again huge congratulations to you and your fishing pals on an event of a lifetime! woot

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 08/27/19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Thanks Chuck. Looking forward to seeing the show! Again huge congratulations to you and your fishing pals on an event of a lifetime! woot

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 09/01/19 03:14 PM

Totally AWESOME! Glad you guys and gals got to have an experience of a Lifetime! Looking forward to seeing the action when the show airs.

Side Note: Would you do it again?
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 09/01/19 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Great thread Chuck! "Hard Work and having Fun pays off." How was the bite during the days of the filming? Glad you were able to catch some records on film! Again super job also to both Gar 1970 and to his wife Pot Licker! woot

Thanks Laker One!

Re: Filming A T.V. Video with Texas Parks&Wildlife! - 09/14/19 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Totally AWESOME! Glad you guys and gals got to have an experience of a Lifetime! Looking forward to seeing the action when the show airs.

Side Note: Would you do it again?

Thanks Gitter for the reply! It was truly a good and enjoyable experience. I was glad to show the type of fishing I love best. "Bank Fishing" in God's Country! cheers My style of fishing is simple and not expensive to do. Catching sunnies on ultralight tackle is a "BLAST" ! hooked Looking at the scenery is icing on the cake! coolio I hope the people who watch the episode will pick-up some of the simple things about fishing! As for doing it again. Yes as long as it brings a positive message of being in the Great Outdoors! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum