Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/16/19 08:26 PM

Myself,Rick aka Catyakker,and fishing buddy Steve have been fishing pre front and taking advantage of the warm spells. The sunfish are starting to get more active and are preparing for their first spawn of the year. We have been catching nice fish in both the creeks and rivers. Fish are holding in weed beds,Hydrilla beds, and drop offs by deeper pockets of water. Been catching nice Bluegill, Longear, Redear, Redbreast, Large Mouth Bass,Channel Cats,and some Rios. Worms were used as bait and all fish were released to fight again. Getting some good fishing time in between cold fronts. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/16/19 09:04 PM

WTG! guys

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/16/19 09:22 PM

Thanks Leo! cheers
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/17/19 01:40 AM

Great job guys thumb Chuck, I'm eagerly awaiting the words from you "THE SUNFISH ARE SPAWNING". Until then I'll just keep wacking the white bass. I caught 81 on Friday. banana No 15 inch plus females though Catyaker.

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/17/19 03:35 PM

Thanks Jamie for the reply! cheers Rick is really trying to get his last two Big Fish awards for his Elite Angler! He has the Rio,Sunfish,and Carp. He almost had the LMB! at a local creek he loves to fish. A 15" plus White Bass would be one fish closer! hooked

Side Note: As I have been saying for a long time: This is going to be a "BIG FISH" year providing we get no MAJOR FLOODING! rockon
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/17/19 08:54 PM

Nice mixed bag...keep em coming...
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/18/19 04:42 AM

Good job guys! cheers

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 03/29/19 10:08 AM

Thanks Steve and Yesenia for the replies. cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/02/19 11:27 AM

Great job guys. You have been fishing the valley a lot Chuck. What are the water conditions of the creeks and river there? Again great post and catch as always. woot

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/11/19 12:22 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! The Sabinel Valley is in good shape but like all water bodies it can always use a good soaking rain. This past weekend showers along with the upcoming weekend showers will be a big help! banana (Rain Dance).
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/22/19 12:17 AM

So far April has been a wet month without any major flooding. Looks like some good rain ahead on Tuesday and Wednesday. This year is really shaping up to be a great one! woot

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/25/19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
So far April has been a wet month without any major flooding. Looks like some good rain ahead on Tuesday and Wednesday. This year is really shaping up to be a great one! woot

Picked up another inch! South Central Water Bodies are in good shape! Also the very south Texas area around Laredo got some very good rain! Hopefully it stays that way! thumb
Posted By: Tmonjure

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/26/19 12:22 AM

Congrats. Looked like a great day of fishing thumb
Posted By: jagg

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 04/27/19 06:48 AM

Heck of a haul for you guys! cheers
The post front pattern has been a bust so far this year.

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 05/01/19 05:22 PM

Thanks Tmonjure, and Torry for the replies. cheers Torry: Yes Sir you are right on the money "Post front patterns have been a bust so far this year"! They have been driving me carzynuts
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 05/05/19 05:12 PM

Nice fishing as always guys. Good job.

Side Note: Now that the cold weather is over looks like a wet spring is in store. How is the rest of spring and summer shaping up as far as the sunfish bite goes?

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 05/09/19 04:30 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers Looks like a very good chance for another washout this spring. Heavy rains over the past several weeks have caused some major flooding. Looks like there is a lot more rain in the upcoming forecast. bang We just have to fish between the storm systems. juggle Several water bodies where I love to fish have been flooded out. Hopefully they can make a comeback after this wet season. nuts
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 05/13/19 12:32 PM

I agree with you Chuck. Just have to keep fishing and hope for the best.

Re: Fishing the Warm Spells=Good Results! - 06/02/19 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
I agree with you Chuck. Just have to keep fishing and hope for the best.

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum