Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette 3/11/19

Posted By: Vogey

Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/12/19 11:34 PM

Overall good day on Fayette...especially for bass. Caught around 30, with one bluegill thrown in. tried for sunnies for 3 hours...3 reedbed sets, 2 deep creeks & 3 tree fields....no luck except for the one. Did get some good video of the bass. Water temp 70-73 on the east side & 73-75 on the west side. Tilapia & gar are starting to go crazy spawning, & the bass are pretty much in the shallows now doing their thing. Fished from 8am til 7pm and had a blast...Fayette 3/11/19
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/13/19 02:48 AM

Steve,watching your video made me want to go fishing. Nicely done on catching some nice fish. As always good job. rockon

Side Note: Will not be long until the reeds come alive! hooked
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/13/19 04:54 AM

Wonderful video Vogey !

Those perch ought to be shallow soon with those water temps. Can’t wait !!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/13/19 02:35 PM

Going to have to start calling you the Fayette King instead of the Dunlap King. Great video and post. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/14/19 01:34 PM

Great post as always Vogey. Loved the video. Going to start fishing Fayette in April. I figure the Bluegill will be moving into the shallow water by then. woot

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/14/19 10:57 PM

Banker...It makes me want to go as well...heading back on Monday...want to try the hot water discharge this time for red ear.

GD...I am definitely not the king of Dunlap...that distinction goes to Banker...I think he holds most of the lake records there.

Doctor...I agree...it should not be long now.

Laker...Thanks, I love doing the videos, and learn something new each time...April will be here b4 we know it.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/15/19 11:19 AM

Yes Sir Vogey hope to be fishing Fayette more this year. The wake boat traffic on the river lakes is going to be HORRIBLE this summer season! bang
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/15/19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Banker...It makes me want to go as well...heading back on Monday...want to try the hot water discharge this time for red ear.

GD...I am definitely not the king of Dunlap...that distinction goes to Banker...I think he holds most of the lake records there.

Doctor...I agree...it should not be long now.

Laker...Thanks, I love doing the videos, and learn something new each time...April will be here b4 we know it.

Both you and Chuck BAF put the time in on that lake for sure! Looking forward to seeing some good post this year!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/15/19 02:11 PM

Steve we both have put a lot of time on Dunlap. Love that lake! Hopefully the BIG Redear will make a comeback like the good old days used to be. thumb
Posted By: LastCastPodcast

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/18/19 06:21 PM

Vogey, I was reading in the other thread that you catch tilapia on a fly rod. I have to know, what flies do tilapia bite on? I'm presuming sinking nymphs or buggy streamers?

Re: Fayette 3/11/19 - 03/19/19 02:28 AM

3000...That wasn't me...I don't fly-fish. That was J-Moe that has all he fly fish records..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum