Texas Fishing Forum

Her first Rio!

Posted By: jagg

Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 06:02 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Took my daughter out to a local creek. This is the first Rio she’s caught all on her own and I believe it’s her first Rio ever. We practiced pitching and roll casts; vital for fishing on the creeks and rivers. She’s picking it up fast but still needs some practice. Teaching her how to read the layout and current of moving water and how to read the signs of the banks and surrounding land and what it says about the creek. We also talked about mother rivers and tributaries. We did most of the talking on the walk to and from the creek. She saw a nice size bass so of course she wants to catch it. Have to make the “circle of life” lesson more real to her. She understands it academically, but didn’t seem to realize that the bass she wanted to catch eats the little longears she was catching. She didn’t seem to pick up that most of those smaller Sunfish are there to feed larger fish. We’ll get there. More fishing and pictures on the creek. She had a blast and wants to get her own little tackle bag/organization. Perhaps it’ll help to motivate her to keep her room a bit cleaner! hammer

BTW, we caught these on craws w/jig heads again. The longears were caught flipping and pitching into a small, deep-ish hole with a big downed oak tree in it.
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 06:11 AM

That is one cute little girl..and standing on a creek bank holding up fish with that grin....as banker would say, it just don't get any better than that. angel
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 11:11 AM

"LIFE TIME MEMORIES! Totally AWESOME! thumb
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 11:28 AM

Kudos to you for taking her fishing! My girls love to go as well, and even though it's more work I love having them with me on the water.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 02:11 PM

Great job Dad! Great post and coolphotos
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 02:46 PM

Jag...awesomely beautiful child...you are a good dad for taking her fishing...
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 04:28 PM

Great job to your daughter for wanting to go fishing! Great job Dad for taking her! Memories there for a lifetime. Great job to the both of you!

Side Note: Lifetime fishing buddy!

Posted By: ifishlbj

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 04:31 PM

You have a fishing buddy for life!! Congratulations on that Rio. I have caught my share of them but not that large! Way to go young lady!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 05:15 PM

cheer Congrats on your daughters first rio cheer Awesome memories. WTG dad cheers
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/27/19 07:31 PM

That’s awesome, jagg! Nice fishing partner ya got there!

It looks like she’s learned to hold the smaller fish closer to the camera to make them look bigger already too! roflmao

thumb thumb dad!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Her first Rio! - 01/28/19 04:42 AM

Congrats to the young lady! Nice rio clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum