Texas Fishing Forum

How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime?

Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 04:14 PM

I ask because I like to travel and finished my goal of fishing all 50 states before I turn 50 years old by flying to Alaska and Hawaii in July and August, 2018.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 05:37 PM

I have fished in California,Oregon,Colorado,New Mexico,Arizona,Oklahoma,and Texas. Would love to fish the eastern USA in time to come. Also Florida is on my wish list. woot

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 06:38 PM

Oh yes I'm definitely going back to Florida.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 09:39 PM

...3...Texas , Colorado & Florida.
Posted By: psalty

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 09:46 PM

lifetime to date;
New Jersey-Florida-Texas-Washington-Hawaii-Louisiana-Japan

food
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/23/18 11:56 PM

Washing State,Oregon,Louisiana,and Texas. I have fished in Mexico several times over the years. thumb

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 01:59 AM

Where in Jersey and for what species in Japan??

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 02:00 AM

What cities in Mexico?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 01:22 PM

California,Oregon,Arizona,Nevada,Oklahoma,Louisiana,and Texas! I have also fished Mexico many a times over the years.
Posted By: Tex-a-jun

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 02:54 PM

Short list here. Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. Counties.. numerous in TX but mostly Jefferson, Liberty, Galveston, and Hardin.

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Lepomis4Life.
What cities in Mexico?

El Fuerte!
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 05:17 PM

This year: One state: Alabama. One river: the Black Warrior. That's all I need.

Lifetime: California, Florida deep sea fishing on both.
Posted By: bschat

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 06:36 PM

For 18 years worked at a job that I carried a 6 pieces rod or FED-EX a rod to the location. So I tallied the states and that came up to 38, lacking the northeast. Plus Canada, Mexico,Bahamas,and 3 of the Puerto Rican inlands; Evan tried to fish as the locals do in Puerto Rico with a hand line. 14 snapper by hand line is a rush!
Never knew that I was that obsessed with fishing, But there could far worst hobbies.
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/24/18 06:49 PM

bschat, yeah handline is all you need.

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/25/18 12:36 AM

Sinaloa?

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/25/18 01:15 AM

El Fuerte is by Lake Guerrero! Great Bass lake! thumb
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/27/18 02:03 PM

I haven't fished the East Coast and still intend to do that for stripers but have fished just about every other region/state of our Great Country.

Also, have journeyed to Mexico(both Gulf side and Pacific side), Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Argentina, and the most remote destination of Kiramati Island (Christmas Island). Seeing how other people live and their cultures is very interesting to me.

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/27/18 03:48 PM

Wow! I don't think we've ever covered this before on this section. I'm am a little surprised as most people I meet have never been out of Texas.
Posted By: Flags

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/31/18 05:18 PM

Hoo Boy, lets see: I have held fishing licenses in CO, UT, WY, NE, OK, AZ, NM, NV, CA, WA, ID, SD,MN,WI,VA, NC, PA, NH, FL, AL, GA, HI, AK and TX. I have held fishing licenses in Mexico, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. I have also fished in England, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Singapore, Philippines, Guam, Thailand, Diego Garcia and probably a couple of others.

But in all fairness I spent more than 25 years in the Navy and traveled all over the world and I always took fishing tackle with me.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 10/31/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Flags
Hoo Boy, lets see: I have held fishing licenses in CO, UT, WY, NE, OK, AZ, NM, NV, CA, WA, ID, SD,MN,WI,VA, NC, PA, NH, FL, AL, GA, HI, AK and TX. I have held fishing licenses in Mexico, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. I have also fished in England, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Singapore, Philippines, Guam, Thailand, Diego Garcia and probably a couple of others.

But in all fairness I spent more than 25 years in the Navy and traveled all over the world and I always took fishing tackle with me.

You win! banana
Posted By: cactusrat

Re: How many different Counties or States do you think you've fished this year or in your lifetime? - 11/01/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Flags

I used the Navy as my charter service. Half the time I had no ideal what the fish I caught were. I was a cook, so I ate a lot of fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum