Texas Fishing Forum

Are the Sunnies Still biting?

Posted By: Gitter Done

Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/19/18 02:00 PM

I am wondering if the sunfish are still biting? I have not seen any recent post or catches. Guess all of the flooding going on has affected the bite.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/19/18 02:01 PM

Yes...they have to eat.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/19/18 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Meadowlark
Yes...they have to eat.

Plus #1. hooked
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/19/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Meadowlark
Yes...they have to eat.
That is what I keep telling myself. Been fishing everyday this past week with only a few (like maybe 6) caught. Now that is slow. I even went to the city park in Converse which is full of Dinks, and used only 1 Worm in two hours fishing with nada caught. Two little taps. Now that is s l o w. realmad
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/19/18 11:03 PM

Just got back from my daily adventure trying to find some hungry sunfish. Now how many fools, besides Jaymo and me would try and catch sunfish on a fly rod in a Coffee colored creek. Well you just don't know if you don't go. And as Meadowlark says, "they have to eat sometime". I caught 3 times more, mostly Rios and Redbreasts, in two hours than I have all week using the "Bait of Champions". Now I know the super worms may have done better today, but it was sure good to feel that take on a 2 Wt glass rod, for a change this week. banana
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/20/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Catyakker
Now how many fools, besides Jaymo and me would try and catch sunfish on a fly rod in a Coffee colored creek.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/20/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe
Originally Posted By: Catyakker
Now how many fools, besides Jaymo and me would try and catch sunfish on a fly rod in a Coffee colored creek.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

It could also be 20 degrees outside with a 25 MPH North wind blowing with rain and you would find both Catyakker and J-Moe fishing the Cibolo Creek! nuts hammer nuts
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/20/18 03:11 AM

Very true. I was fishing in a pouring rain today and I've been fishing for white bass in the winter with ice forming on my rod eyes on more than one occasion. grin

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/20/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe
Very true. I was fishing in a pouring rain today and I've been fishing for white bass in the winter with ice forming on my rod eyes on more than one occasion. grin

Yes Sir I know the feeling about frozen rod eyes. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Are the Sunnies Still biting? - 10/20/18 01:30 PM

Had a very slow day on Mcqueeney.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum