Texas Fishing Forum

Keeping the Missus Happy

Posted By: Flags

Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/23/18 04:24 PM

Like many retired military members my wife is using my GI Bill to go to college. This morning she announced that she needed to study for a test and didn't want any distractions (such as me) around. TRANSLATION: Go Fishing!

So in order to keep the fetching and intoxicating Mrs Chief happy I loaded up the tube and hit Athens. I am happy to report the sunfish are still holding in 8-10 ft of water and they are still hungry. It was a catch and release day so everything went back in the water. I took at least 30 bluegills today, a couple of redbreast and about 10 shellcrackers. Neither the redbreast or shell crackers had any real size to the and I doubt any went 7 inches. But what they lacked in size they made up for in being feisty. This is a pretty good representation of the gills I was taking:

I also lost a decent channel cat (3-4 lbs) under a boat house when he wrapped me on a piling. Since I'm stubborn and insist on using 2 and 4 lb line any wrap ups result in a break off. I would have liked to have landed the cat since I don't have any cats in the freezer. This is my last full week off before I have to go in next week to get ready to start the school year. May make a designated cat trip on Fri to get some in the freezer.

Cheers Y'all
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/23/18 05:49 PM

Great post and thank you for your service! Good luck to your wife!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/23/18 11:58 PM

As always awesome post Flags! Yes Sir your busy time of the year is right around the corner. School will be starting soon! thumb

Side Note: Will be missing those midweek Athens post! frown
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/24/18 12:11 PM

As always Flags super post and some super fish. You have had a great summer. Hope your wife did well on her test. I also hope you can find some time during your school year to hit the lake every now and then. woot
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/24/18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Pot licker
Great post and thank you for your service! Good luck to your wife!!
+1
Posted By: Flags

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/24/18 11:39 PM

Well I guess the wife had a good plan sending me to the lake. She got a 93 on the test and is now a certified sleep disorder technician.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/25/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Flags
Well I guess the wife had a good plan sending me to the lake. She got a 93 on the test and is now a certified sleep disorder technician.

clap clap clap
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/25/18 03:01 AM

Great post and great news on the test. Thank You for your service to our country via the military and education.

>E
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 07/25/18 03:12 PM

Enjoyed the post and also nice fish. Glad your wife passed her test! Hope you find some time to do a little fishing during your busy school year!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 08/01/18 12:23 PM

Awesome! woot
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Keeping the Missus Happy - 08/01/18 03:02 PM

Congrats to your wife! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum