Texas Fishing Forum

Two Record Warmouth!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 03:32 PM

This has been a super year so far for catching some very nice sunfish including these two record Warmouth. Myself and Rick aka Catyakker cought these two Warmouth this month while fishing Lake Nueces. Rick caught his on the fly using a wacky worm while I caught mine using ultralight tackle with the bait of champions "WORMS"! Rick's fish weighed .50 Lbs and mine weighted in at .63 Lbs. Both fish were released to fight again and the paper work was sent to the Texas Parks&Wildlife for record review. Rick's fish was for the Fly Rod Record and mine was for the Rod/Reel Record. Fish were caught during the morning hours hanging by thick grass beds. Fishing the Nueces Canyon and catching record Warmouth! It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: gar1970

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 04:20 PM

Wtg guys! Congrats on the new records clap

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 04:46 PM

Thanks Leo for the reply! cheers Always love fishing in "God's Country"! thumb
Posted By: boocat

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 05:06 PM

Looks good. That little body of water has been on my list for awhile. Tried to fish it onc time right where you guys are but there too many kids. I think I would like to drop my little pond prowler in and try that bluff right across from where you are there. looks fishy. Maybe the vegetation is not so thick on the other side.

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 05:19 PM

Thanks boocat for the reply! cheers That park is busy this time of year especially during the weekends. The weekdays are not that bad especially in the morning. During the late summer after Labor Day and into the fall you usually have the whole place to yourself. Several friends of mine have fished Lake Nueces from kayak and small boat. Some did really good and others did not. The water is usually always crystal clear! Love fishing that place. thumb
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 05:39 PM

Thanks Gar 1970. These road trips are getting addictive. Trying to figure out where to fish and what to use on never before seen waters gives me a new prospective on a sport I've loved for over 70 years. Gotta love it. fish
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 06:58 PM

Those are some pretty looking fish there! WTG on both records cheers

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 07:45 PM

Thanks Yesenia for the reply! The Canyon has some super beautiful sunfish for sure! thumb
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 08:25 PM

Real beauties...great colors...

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 10:01 PM

Thanks Vogey! cheers Looks like you had yet another GREAT day on Fayette! thumb
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/10/18 10:24 PM

Well done! cheers

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/11/18 09:14 AM

Thanks Ledeez for the reply! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/11/18 11:55 AM

Nice fish!!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/11/18 02:03 PM

Great job!!! It's hard to find warmouth and even harder to find them over 1/2 pound.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/15/18 03:13 AM

Very nice Warmouth. cool
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/16/18 11:58 PM

Those are good looking Warmouth, the clear water w grass has that effect!

I was one of those who fished there in a kayak and had poor results, it was during a cold front and in the morning hours throwing a fly, looking forward to fishing it again and hopefully improving my luck.

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/24/18 09:52 AM

Thanks Alan,Jamie,Scoundrel,and Andrew for the replies. cheers Love catching those fat Warmouth! hooked
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/27/18 08:34 AM

Goggleyed slabbers woot
Posted By: diamond10x

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 07/27/18 01:45 PM

Banker,

How many water body records do you have? seems like every time I get on here you are posting a new one. Keep up the good work!

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/01/18 09:53 AM

Thanks Clayton and diamond10x for the replies. cheers Diamond10x: I lost count after about twenty or so! noidea
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/01/18 05:17 PM

diamond10x, there is an article (pg 103) in the 2017-2018 Texas Parks & Wildlife Outdoor Annual, titled "Fishing for a Record", which mentions our very own Banker as having 238 state freshwater fishing records and one world record. Taking consideration that the article was published last year, I can reasonably believe he has over 300 by now, and still counting. His secret, I have found, is keeping his bait in the water rather than his rear on the couch. fish

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/10/18 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Catyakker
diamond10x, there is an article (pg 103) in the 2017-2018 Texas Parks & Wildlife Outdoor Annual, titled "Fishing for a Record", which mentions our very own Banker as having 238 state freshwater fishing records and one world record. Taking consideration that the article was published last year, I can reasonably believe he has over 300 by now, and still counting. His secret, I have found, is keeping his bait in the water rather than his rear on the couch. fish

I lost count after four or five! hammer
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/13/18 01:37 PM

Nice fish guys and congratulations on the records. flehan Is there a particular month that the Warmouth bite is better than others? Also how would you rate the Warmouth bite for the year? noidea Again congratulations on the two records! woot

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/17/18 10:10 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers I do not think there is a particular month when the Warmouth bite is better than others. hmmm I usually catch more during the spring. hooked As for the Warmouth bite this year,I have caught a bunch. For me the bite has been pretty good. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/22/18 08:38 PM

Thanks Chuck. Out of all the sunfish the Warmouth has been the hardest for me to catch. I usually catch most of mine during the fall bite fishing creeks. woot
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/27/18 10:21 PM

Congratulations.

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 08/29/18 10:58 PM

Thanks CHAMPION FISH for the reply! cheers Curtis: Fall is a good time to catch a lot of fish! This fall should be GREAT! hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 09/02/18 02:35 PM

Beautiful fish! Love those clear water colors. What water body have you caught the most Warmouth in? Also what is your PB Warmouth?

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 09/09/18 09:53 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers I have caught most of my Warmouth this year on the Nueces River. hooked My PB is .63 Lbs on the Nueces! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 09/16/18 02:06 PM

Thanks Chuck. The Canyon has been good to you this year!

Re: Two Record Warmouth! - 09/21/18 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Thanks Chuck. The Canyon has been good to you this year!

Yes it has. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum