Texas Fishing Forum

Not Bad For Joe Pool.

Posted By: Smithaven

Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/23/18 06:40 PM

I arrived at Lynn Creek Marina just before they opened at 6 AM. Checking in and buying bait took 5 minutes. The first cast had hardly hit the water when the bait was engulfed by a 8.5 inch bluegill. It just got better as cast after cast resulted in a fish. The first fish was the big one of the day, but some of the others were nearly as large. The bite continued until 8 AM and then slowed to a crawl.

I never cease to be amazed that the fishing dock at the marina yields fish year after year under intense fishing pressure. I think the only thing that saves it is the fact that most of the people that fish there do not know how. They arrive late in the day and throw a huge hook out to the middle of the open water.

Joe Pool is a big lake. A man with a boat who could search out the fish could probably consistently catch 8-9 inch fish. Unfortunately those days are behind me.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/23/18 06:54 PM

Nice fish! Good job. thumb

Side Note: As for finding good fish by boat more consistently! I fish from the bank or off a dock 90 percent of the time and seem to find nice fish most of the time.Fishing by boat does open up a lot more area to fish. Don't ask me why but I would rather fish from a bank or dock than a boat. That's just me! I guess I do not want the responsibility of boat owner ship. Keep catching those Bluegill Smithaven! You still have some good years ahead. cheers
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/24/18 12:12 AM

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/24/18 01:01 PM

Nice report and some nice slabs. Good job and thanks for sharing. woot
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/24/18 05:33 PM

Nice job Smithaven. Are they biting better on the parking lot side or marina side of the bridge?
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/25/18 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: JigandJeep
Nice job Smithaven. Are they biting better on the parking lot side or marina side of the bridge?

I caught mine on the parking lot side.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/26/18 02:14 PM

Nice slabs! Love these post from other water bodies across the State! Good job Smithaven.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Not Bad For Joe Pool. - 05/26/18 03:07 PM

woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum