Texas Fishing Forum

Great Times on the Dock!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Great Times on the Dock! - 03/10/18 08:17 PM

Myself and Richard aka Cat Yakker had some pretty good days fishing the docks on the Guadalupe River. We targeted both sunfish and carp. We caught em both. Big Carp,Redbreast,Redear,and Bluegill. Fish were caught in about 8 feet of water using both corn and worms. Kept a few sunfish for the dinner table. Good times fishing with a friend. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Flags

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/10/18 10:00 PM

Outstanding. Looks like a good time on the water.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/10/18 11:01 PM

whip steadily thrashin the slabs keep it up fellas I’ll get a day off before too long

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 01:05 AM

Thanks Flags and Clayton for the replies. Fish are starting to get active before spawn! Going to be a GREAT year! thumb
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 04:18 AM

Nice work gentlemen.

>E
Posted By: strangetamer90

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 09:44 AM

Some good catches. Hopefully more sunlight will equal more time on the water if work doesn't get in the way. Looking to set some personal bests
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 11:33 AM

Nice looking fish Chuck!!!

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 02:08 PM

Thanks Kelly,strangetamer90,and Alan for the replies! cheers Strangetamer90: You should have a really good year. Water bodies are in good shape and the fish are getting active! hooked Kelly: Thanks again for your help on getting those lures! Looking forward to meeting up one of these days soon! thumb
Posted By: chascat

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 03:55 PM

Good job Chuck! Nice fish.
Posted By: WormTrafficker

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/11/18 06:24 PM

Looks fun. Are you guys catching Carp and Bluegills on the same setup?
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/12/18 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Kelly: Thanks again for your help on getting those lures! Looking forward to meeting up one of these days soon! thumb

No problem Chuck. Glad I could help out. I should have them in the mail tomorrow. When the crappie get active in the Guad I will be there.

>E
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/12/18 07:20 PM

Awesome job Chuck and Cat Yakker!
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/13/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: WormTrafficker
Looks fun. Are you guys catching Carp and Bluegills on the same setup?

Well WormTraficker, only by accident. We were using Medium/Light action rods with 10 lb test line when targeting Carp and Ultra Light rods with 6 lb line and 4 lb leaders for the Gills. However, as luck would have it, several of the Carp took the wrong bait. blush It's what we get for using a couple of Kernels of Corn for Sunfish. roflmao
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/13/18 03:23 AM

Those are hogs chuck! Wtg
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/13/18 03:36 AM

Lucky you! I hunted for gills two days in a row last week and I scared up a single bull... I couldn't find a pod of the to save my life.

Where are they?
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/14/18 03:06 PM

Nice work guys. Mighty fine looking fish thumb

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/19/18 07:41 PM

Thanks for the replies! cheers Plasma800: Fish are very active right now. They are in shallow water 5 to 10 feet deep. They are getting ready for spawn! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/24/18 01:55 PM

Nice fish guys. Chuck you have been fishing those docks a very long time. I have also fished all around them in my kayak. What causes the fish to hold in that certain area? I do not see any brush piles and there is only a slight drop off. It's also not very deep in that area. What's your take? Again super fish. woot
Posted By: pop r

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/25/18 01:43 AM

thumb

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 03/30/18 12:37 PM

Thanks Curtis and pop r for the replies. cheers Curtis: I have been over that spot in a boat a lot. It's nothing but a flat in about 8 to 10 feet of water. eeks I think fish feed off of that flat during certain times of the year. hmmm There maybe also snails on the bottom or some grass beds also. Just guessing. noidea
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/02/18 12:43 PM

That makes since. Those docks have really paid off for you over the years! Hope they will continue! woot

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/08/18 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
That makes since. Those docks have really paid off for you over the years! Hope they will continue! woot

They have been a super place to fish for sure! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/13/18 01:58 PM

Dock fishing at it's best! Good job guys!

Chuck: Over the years that you have been fishing those docks what has been the biggest fish you have caught off of them? What has been the biggest a friend has caught?

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/18/18 10:03 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers The docks have been very good over the years. coolio Biggest fish I have caught off of them was a 22 pound Carp this past winter. Prior to that it was a 17 Lb Blue Cat. Biggest a friend has caught was a 25.24 lb Carp which is the Current weight and catch&release record for the Guadalupe River. Clayton-Wildman of the naviad was the one who caught that fish. breakdance
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/21/18 02:21 PM

Thanks for the info Chuck. Hopefully those docks will keep paying off for you!

Re: Great Times on the Dock! - 04/29/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Thanks for the info Chuck. Hopefully those docks will keep paying off for you!

I sure hope so! Looking forward to many more trips to those docks! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum