Texas Fishing Forum

Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch

Posted By: Texaswild

Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 07:40 PM

I'm retired and I love to catch perch of any type...So I have decided to raise my own bait...Banded Krickets...Very small wings, great for pet trade...I will be testing some in my favorite bluegill spot soon...
Its great to be a rancher again...Kricket Ranching...

Posted By: pop r

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 08:28 PM

thumb Very interesting. Good luck fishing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 08:28 PM

Those Crickets look like they can really catch some sunnies. Looking forward to seeing some super catches. Great post! thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 08:29 PM

thumb Very interesting. Good luck fishing.

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 08:31 PM

Thanks

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/04/18 08:32 PM

They will die trying....lol
Posted By: Jon

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/13/18 10:24 PM

Those will work!
I used to raise them in the back bathtub in an apartment in Forney.
Trick is to keep your cage cleaned out and get the dead crickets and food that's went past the expiration date out before it turns into cricket soup.
Mine got a little ripe a time or two even with the ventilator fan running 24/7. bolt
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/13/18 10:44 PM

Awesome and good luck!
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 03/23/18 07:28 PM

We used to use these in Illinois to hit the bluegill spawn every spring.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Getting ready to do some perch jerking...Banded Crickets Ranch - 04/06/18 09:27 PM

Good looking Crickets bet the panfish will love them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum