Texas Fishing Forum

Sunfish around Corpus Christi?

Posted By: Flags

Sunfish around Corpus Christi? - 03/01/18 02:27 AM

One of the high schools in Corpus has an opening for an NJROTC instructor. I fired off an application and they have asked me to come down for an interview. If all goes well and the position is offered to me I will probably accept it. I know there is really good saltwater fishing there but I'd like to know if there are some good lakes I can put the float tube on. Anyone got any good info they are willing to share?

Thanks.

Flags
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sunfish around Corpus Christi? - 03/01/18 04:10 AM

Lake Corpus Christi. I have never fished it but friends of mine who have said it's a pretty good lake. thumb

Side Note: There is also a State Park there! cheers
Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Re: Sunfish around Corpus Christi? - 03/02/18 06:26 PM

Im in CC right now. Canals and parks. Theres so much good fishing in CC youre likely to rarely fish for panfish and I look forward to seeing your future catches. Best of luck on your new job. Congrats.. now drop and give me 20!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Sunfish around Corpus Christi? - 03/03/18 12:44 PM

Kayaked Lake Corpus Christi last year and did well. Caught some nice Sunfish in the 8 inch range and some White Bass! Also caught a nice 4 to 5 pound bass! Hope to fish CC again this year. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Sunfish around Corpus Christi? - 03/03/18 04:49 PM

I fished Lake CC many years ago and did pretty good on the White Bass. Do not know anything about the sunfish bite. I have heard that it's a good Crappie lake also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum