Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing was SLOW this week!

Posted By: Laker One

Fishing was SLOW this week! - 02/23/18 12:40 PM

With the several fronts that came through this week along with the HEAVY RAINS,strong winds,and extreme temperature changes the time I spent fishing was not all that productive. Managed to fish Mcqueeney hard and Meadow light due to weather conditions changing. Had to cut the Meadow trip short. Friends of mine got some super Bluegill and Redear during the early part of the week fishing Mcqueeney and Dunlap. After Tuesday the sunfish bite shut down. I fished Mcqueeney Wednesday and only caught three Bluegill. Managed a few nice Crappie and they were very hard to find. Fished Meadow Thursday and only fished a couple of hours. Fish were very hard to find due to the rapid changes in the weather. Only managed two bass. Cut the Meadow trip short due to an approaching thunder storm. Was going to fish Dunlap today but after 3 plus inches of rain that has just fallen,I will wait another day!
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fishing was SLOW this week! - 02/23/18 01:55 PM

Thanks for the report. I did not go out after Monday mainly because I hate cold weather. Cant imagine being out in a kayak this past week other than Monday. Warmer weather due this coming week. I plan on hitting Dunlap Monday if the water is not too muddy. We got 2 inches of rain total this week at my house...I live about 2 miles from the I-35 ramp for Dunlap.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing was SLOW this week! - 02/24/18 03:28 AM

This has been a roller coaster weather ride these past two weeks! One front after another! nuts
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fishing was SLOW this week! - 02/24/18 06:14 AM

That was a good report. We will finally get to fish this weekend the boat was a little sick but Gar1970 got it going again. 2 weeks of not being on the water is driving me nuts!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum