Texas Fishing Forum

Still Getting Limits!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Still Getting Limits! - 02/15/18 08:42 PM

With the Trout Stocking program over at local Central Texas and Hill Country Rivers, there are still a lot of Rainbow Trout in the rivers. Myself,Steve,and his son Ty fished a couple of Hill Country Rivers and we all limited out within thirty minutes. We caught around 20 trout and kept 15 for the dinner table. We also caught a small Hybrid Sunfish,and a nice bass. The trout were caught on Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese and Orange colored,and Gold Super Duper Lures. The Hybrid and bass were caught on worms. Weather conditions were cloudy with drizzle. We finished the morning with a GREAT breakfast at the Lost Maples Restaurant in Utopia. Still catching limits of Rainbow Trout in Mid February. It just don't get any better!

Posted By: gar1970

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 02:47 AM

Chuck you always fish the most beautiful places and catch lots of fish. It don't get any better
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 04:07 AM

Wow, those are some nice size Trout. I smell smoked trout on the menu. Well done. food
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 04:59 AM

Good stuff.

>E

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 12:46 PM

Thanks Leo,Rick,and Canyoncreek06 for the replies! cheers Rick: Yes Sir there is a good chance that some of these will make it to the smoker! food

Side Note: The frying pan is also a SUPER GOOD option! food
Posted By: chascat

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 02:53 PM

Great job Banker! Keep it up.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/16/18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
Chuck you always fish the most beautiful places and catch lots of fish. It don't get any better

+1 The hill country gems are just awesome. Great job Chuck
Posted By: pop r

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/17/18 02:56 PM

Nice looking river. Great catch. Thanks for sharing. fish
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/17/18 07:57 PM

Nice report Banker! Nice looking trout thumb

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/25/18 06:28 AM

Thanks chascat,Jamie,pop r, and Yesenia for the replies! cheers Looks like the trout season for me is coming to an end! nuts

Can't wait until next December! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/25/18 11:57 AM

Nice Pics
Posted By: fray

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/25/18 01:48 PM

Cool
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 02/26/18 01:24 PM

Very nice.

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/02/18 10:55 AM

Thanks Alan,fray,and Champion Fish for the replies! cheers Can't wait till next season?! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/04/18 06:16 PM

Chuck you have had a super trout season! You still catching any now?

Side Note: Trout reports have not been posted in awhile. Also did not see any Granny D's post!

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/08/18 11:02 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers I have not trout fished the past two weeks. eeks It's Sunfish season now and the sunnies are starting to get active. hooked Will hit the trout trail in December! thumb As for Granny D's I never made it up that far during this season. nuts

Side Note: It has been a GREAT season. Had some AWESOME times! partyon
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/08/18 01:44 PM

Caught these this past Tuesday with my friend Jeff! Took three hours but the trout are still there!

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/11/18 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers I have not trout fished the past two weeks. eeks It's Sunfish season now and the sunnies are starting to get active. hooked Will hit the trout trail in December! thumb As for Granny D's I never made it up that far during this season. nuts

Side Note: It has been a GREAT season. Had some AWESOME times! partyon

You should have a pretty good sunfish year based on the post I have already been seeing.

Side Note: Looks like L.O. is still catching em!

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/15/18 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Caught these this past Tuesday with my friend Jeff! Took three hours but the trout are still there!

Great job guys. I see your spot is still paying off! hooked Keep us updated on the trout reports if you are still catching them! breakdance Gitter: The Sunfish bite has really picked up. Catching good numbers of some BIG fish! The spawn is right around the corner! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/15/18 01:14 PM

There was an extra stocking at the Trail Race March 2. I did not fish it. Myself and Jeff fished the Tuesday after! The Trail Race area holds trout year around. Weather you can get limits in April through next December is another story. I do plan to fish the trophy zones this spring,summer,and fall. As for the stock trout,I will not be fishing for them until December! woot

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/20/18 09:52 AM

It was truly a GREAT season. Always enjoy catching those Rainbow Trout! hooked
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/23/18 07:30 PM

Where do they release trout at is there a website or what. I think it would be a neat thing to try

Re: Still Getting Limits! - 03/29/18 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Abbott
Where do they release trout at is there a website or what. I think it would be a neat thing to try

Texas Parks&Wildlife has a trout stocking program. It starts up in late November and goes all the way till the first week of March. Their Web Site will post all of the stockings(dates/location) through out the State. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum