Texas Fishing Forum

Good Times Fishing!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 05:09 AM

With the Rainbow Trout season coming down the home stretch there have been plenty of good times fishing with friends this season. Hill Country rivers and several lakes that had been stocked with trout since December up until now have provided plenty of fishing action. Limits after limits of fish have been caught and plenty of laughs and fishing stories have been told. This past week I had the pleasure to fish with Steve,Matt,and Rick(Cat Yakker). We caught plenty of nice trout and saw some super scenery on some super water bodies. Fish were caught on Gold Super Duper Lures,Berkley Trout Bait,Cheese and Orange Colored,and Gold Panther Martin spinning lures. It seems that lures work best the day and the day after the stocking. After that the trout bait seems to get the better results. As always we had some super good lunches and breakfasts at some awesome restaurants. The Lost Maples Restaurant in beautiful downtown Utopia and the Hacienda EL Charro Mexican Restaurant in Blanco are great places to eat! Catching a bunch of Rainbow Trout and fishing with some super friends. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: drrouter

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 05:48 AM

I'd do more trout fishing but not sure if it's catch n release.

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 05:53 AM

Thanks drrouter for the reply! cheers The limit is five per person and you can catch&release also! thumb
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 06:37 AM

It's been a while since I had anyone to fish with Banker. What a day. I certainly appreciate you and Steve allowing me to tag along Friday. Seems the older I get the more of my old fishing pards begin falling apart with old age. Your right, it "just don't get any better" having good friends to fish with. Again thanks.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 08:19 AM

Nicely done Banker!

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/03/18 02:33 PM

Thanks Yesenia and Rick for the replies! cheers Rick: Looking forward to more trips! It has already been a GREAT year! It's only going to get better! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/14/18 03:26 PM

Great report and some super Rainbow's! Love fishing the trout stocking season. How many different water bodies did you fish that were stocked with trout this season? Again super post. woot

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/19/18 10:50 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers I fished six different water bodies! hooked Did good at all of them. thumb
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/20/18 03:11 AM

Good stuff.

>E

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/22/18 02:03 PM

Thanks canyoncreek06 for the reply! Love that winter time fishing. hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/25/18 02:18 PM

Yes Sir good times for sure! Nice fishing guys!

Side Note: Chuck. I have not seen one picture of Granny D's this trout season! What's up with that?
Posted By: pop r

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 02/26/18 12:11 AM

thumb Great post and pictures. Thanks for sharing. clap

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/01/18 10:53 AM

Thanks Gitter and pop r for the replies. cheers Gitter: I did not fish that part of the river this trout season. Will try to fish for a few sunnies this spring in that part of the river and will hit the Granny D's. thumb

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/05/18 02:42 PM

I thought so. I ate there last week on my way to fish the upper Guadalupe. It was GREAT!

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/10/18 10:55 AM

Need to make the drive up there! Hopefully soon. food
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/13/18 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers I fished six different water bodies! hooked Did good at all of them. thumb

I fished three different water bodies for trout and also did good! Can't wait until December! hooked

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/15/18 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

I fished three different water bodies for trout and also did good! Can't wait until December! hooked

thumb

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/24/18 05:04 PM

blablabla Can't imagine not one Granny D's post at all during the trout season. May be next year! hammer

Re: Good Times Fishing! - 03/25/18 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
blablabla Can't imagine not one Granny D's post at all during the trout season. May be next year! hammer

Next December for sure! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum