Texas Fishing Forum

A Nice Winter Mix !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Nice Winter Mix ! - 01/20/18 09:02 PM

Been fishing the trout stocking trail and limiting out every time. The Rainbows are biting every day of the week on all of the area Rivers that have been stocked with Rainbow Trout. Catching the Rainbows on the "Bait of Champions" Worms along with Gold Super Duper Lures,and the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese and Orange Colored. These latest COLD fronts have the trout turned on. Also been finding some nice Bluegill,Redbreast,and Redear in 16 to 20 feet of water holding by brush piles. The sunnies are holding on the bottom.Worms were used as bait. After several of the trips had some GREAT lunches at Sid's Bar B.Q. in Bandera as well as the local D.Q. in both Sabinal and Blanco TX. Fished by myself on some trips and fished other trips with fishing buddies Steve,David-Bandera Pass,and Clayton-wildman of the navidad. Getting some GREAT winter time fishing action. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 01/21/18 03:02 AM

Nice going Chuck. You are a cold water inspiration bouncy

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 01/21/18 10:53 AM

Thanks Andrew! Love this winter time fishing! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 01/31/18 10:47 PM

Nice post and some awesome bows! Also love the Bluegill! woot I recognize two of those rivers! hmmm

Side Note: Have you been catching sunnies? Looks like we are coming down the home stretch of the trout season! No Granny D's ! hammer
Posted By: Pwizzle89

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/02/18 07:02 PM

Looks cold!

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/06/18 10:13 PM

Thanks Curtis and Pwizzle89 for the replies. cheers Curtis: I have been catching a lot of nice Redbreast and Bluegill during the warm spells. The Rainbow trout season is coming to an end unless you fish the trophy zones. Will not be long. Spring is right around the corner. dance2
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/07/18 01:06 AM

Awesome catch!!

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/10/18 10:14 AM

Thanks Ripinlip for the reply! cheers Love wintertime fishing. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/11/18 04:30 PM

WTG thumb

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/14/18 10:54 AM

Thanks Yesenia for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Gnab2

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/14/18 11:59 AM

Great reports as always!

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/18/18 10:54 AM

Thanks Gnab2 for the reply! cheers

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/21/18 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis and Pwizzle89 for the replies. cheers Curtis: I have been catching a lot of nice Redbreast and Bluegill during the warm spells. The Rainbow trout season is coming to an end unless you fish the trophy zones. Will not be long. Spring is right around the corner. dance2

Thanks Chuck! Been catching more sunnies lately hanging with the Crappie! Looking forward to a very good Sunfish year! Will be using the fly rod a lot! hooked

Side Note: Have you checked/fished any of the local creeks?
Posted By: bush hog

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/21/18 03:04 PM

Now that sounds like fun. I don't care for eating trout much but it still sounds like a blast and what could be finer than fishing in the Texas Hill Country. I may have to give that a try next year.

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 02/27/18 04:17 PM

Thanks bush hog for the reply! Yes Sir you are right on the money about nothing finer than fishing the Texas Hill Country! It just don't get any better! thumb Curtis: You should have a super year with the fly rod. As for fishing the creeks,I have fished a couple this past week and did good each time! Creeks were in pretty good shape. This past shower really helped them out but they could always use a good soaking or two. banana (Rain Dance).

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/04/18 03:13 AM

Thanks Chuck for the update! woot

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/06/18 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Thanks Chuck for the update! woot

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/11/18 01:53 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Looks like the trout/sunfish combos will be a thing of the past until December!

Side Note: Have you eaten at Busbee's Bar B.Q.? It is right down the street from Sid's! They also have GREAT food! food

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/14/18 09:59 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers I have not eaten at Busbee's. I was told it has pretty good food. Hopefully one of these days I will try it! thumb

Side Note: Bandera does have a pretty GOOD D.Q.! food
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/19/18 01:41 PM

Brisket is fantastic and so are the side dishes.

Re: A Nice Winter Mix ! - 03/23/18 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Brisket is fantastic and so are the side dishes.

food
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum