Texas Fishing Forum

Different Places to Buy Your Tackle!

Posted By: Laker One

Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/17/18 07:49 PM

Was driving on FM 306 just inside of Canyon City and needed to get some Ice. Went inside a convenience store and saw a rack of fishing tackle. There were three jars of Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese colored on the shelf. There were also several packs of size 12 Eagle Claw Trout hooks. My buddy Jeff had been looking for these items for a couple of weeks and could not find them at Acadamey or Bass Pro. He bought all three jars and a couple packs of the hooks. The Berkley Trout bait was $5.29 a jar and the hooks were $4.89 for a pack of 50. Not bad for convenience store prices. I also found jars of the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese colored at a Food Mart on FM 725 not far from Dunlap! Some of these places have a nice selection of pan fish tackle! partyon
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/17/18 11:59 PM

Picked up two jars of the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese colored at the Park Store in Garner State Park. It was $6.29 a jar. Also I have seen good tackle at a lot of convenient stores especially around lakes and rivers. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/18/18 01:25 PM

All year long there have been no Super Duper Lures at the Acadamey or Bass Pro. Size 12 trout hooks and the power baits in cheese and orange color have been hard to find. Glad I am using the fly rod a lot more! Sometimes the off the path convenient stores are the places who will have your tackle! woot
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/18/18 01:42 PM

As long as you are paying those high prices at small stores you might want to consider Amazon. They usually have most everything. If you are a Prime member you get free shipping.
With the free shipping the prices are usually reasonable. And there are sometimes sleepers at very low prices.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/18/18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Smithaven
As long as you are paying those high prices at small stores you might want to consider Amazon. They usually have most everything. If you are a Prime member you get free shipping.
With the free shipping the prices are usually reasonable. And there are sometimes sleepers at very low prices.

Plus #1 on Amazon. However sometimes when you see that hard to find bait or lure right in front of you it is hard to resist.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Different Places to Buy Your Tackle! - 01/19/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Originally Posted By: Smithaven

Plus #1 on Amazon. However sometimes when you see that hard to find bait or lure right in front of you it is hard to resist.

I know that feeling quiet well Gitter! Seeing a hard to find lure or piece of tackle staring at you on a store self is saying to you. "Buy Me"! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum