Texas Fishing Forum

Do Sunfish Have the saume patterns?

Posted By: Laker One

Do Sunfish Have the saume patterns? - 01/15/18 12:34 PM

Do most or all sunfish have the same patterns? I am talking about Bluegill,Redear,Redbreast,Green,Warmouth,and Longear. Just wondering? What do you think? hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Do Sunfish Have the saume patterns? - 01/15/18 02:03 PM

All types of fish have patterns. I do not target sunfish but it seems to me by reading a lot of the post here that sunfish do seem to bunch up together and inner breed with each other more than other fish families. Just my two cents.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Do Sunfish Have the saume patterns? - 01/16/18 12:22 AM

Sunfish have different patterns. The type of water body does play a factor. The seasons along with weather patterns play HUGE factors in the patterns. I have noticed that all six types of sunfish run in their own schools. Some mix with others especially Bluegill and Redear. Greens,Warmouth,and Longear seem to be mostly within themselves. Redbreast also seem to stay within themselves but I have caught them occasionally hanging with others. There is a lot of mixed breeding within the sunfish family and this also could have an effect on patterns. One thing for certain during a cold winter sunfish are harder to find! hide2

Side Note: Spring,Summer,and Fall are the active sunfish months! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum