Texas Fishing Forum

First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/03/18 03:17 AM

Picked up a limit of Rainbow Trout to start off 2018. Had to melt the ice off of my rod eyes every 5 minutes. Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese and Orange colored,and Night Crawlers were used. The fish would not hit a gold Super Duper! Getting a limit of Rainbow Trout to start the New Year.It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: gar1970

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/03/18 04:07 AM

Very nice chuck!

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/03/18 11:03 AM

Thanks Leo! cheers It's been a COLD winter! nuts
Posted By: chascat

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/03/18 10:53 PM

What a way to start the Year! I kind of wanted to do mine that way but my old man blood runs too thin
To get out in this cold. You are tough Banker!

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/07/18 06:50 PM

Thanks chascat for the reply. cheers It's all part of fishing and weather plays an important factor. eeks I can take any of the factors cold,hot,windy,and wet. hmmm However the older I get the time spent in bad weather conditions is a lot less compared to my younger years. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/15/18 02:13 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Great way to start to the New Year! How many trout do you think you catch a year? Great way to spend the sunfish off season!

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/20/18 11:53 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers Yes Sir you are right. partyon Catching Rainbow Trout this time of year is a GREAT Sunfish Substitute. hooked Love it when I am able to find a bunch of HUNGRY sunnies also. hooked

Side Note: As for numbers it's a lot! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/28/18 01:48 PM

Great way to start your year! balloons Nice catch. woot Last scheduled stocking was this last Friday on the Guadalupe! There are a lot of fish in that river! hooked

Side Note: How soon would you know if there would be any extra stockings completed? hmmm
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/28/18 03:57 PM

Thats awesome!

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 01/30/18 05:47 PM

Thanks Curtis and Yesenia for your replies. cheers Curtis: You would need to look on the TPW stocking report section on their web site. It will tell you of any extra stockings that will take place! In the past any additional stockings that occurred on the Guadalupe took place only the Trail Race. They did not stock any of the other drop offs. thumb
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/02/18 01:55 AM

rockon

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/02/18 04:18 AM

Thanks Clayton! Been trying to call you! hammer
Posted By: Pwizzle89

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/02/18 07:00 PM

cheers
Posted By: Pwizzle89

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/02/18 07:00 PM

cheers

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/05/18 03:50 PM

Thanks Pwizzle89 for the reply! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/08/18 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis and Yesenia for your replies. cheers Curtis: You would need to look on the TPW stocking report section on their web site. It will tell you of any extra stockings that will take place! In the past any additional stockings that occurred on the Guadalupe took place only the Trail Race. They did not stock any of the other drop offs. thumb

There are no scheduled extra stockings scheduled at any of the area water bodies! I checked the TPW web site-stocking reports.

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/13/18 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

There are no scheduled extra stockings scheduled at any of the area water bodies! I checked the TPW web site-stocking reports.

Yep! blablabla
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/17/18 04:31 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers Yes Sir you are right. partyon Catching Rainbow Trout this time of year is a GREAT Sunfish Substitute. hooked Love it when I am able to find a bunch of HUNGRY sunnies also. hooked

Side Note: As for numbers it's a lot! thumb

Yea based on all of your post I see that you have had one heck of a trout season! Nicely done.

Re: First Fish of 2018! Rainbow Limit! - 02/21/18 01:54 PM

It was a very good season for sure. hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum