Texas Fishing Forum

Trout Stocking Schedule Online

Posted By: Flags

Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 05:45 PM

They put the trout stocking schedule online today.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/man...rce=govdelivery

Putting a bunch into Tyler State Park on the 21st and I just happen to have that week off! Time to tie on a Kastmaster and open a jar of FireBalls! Ultralight troutin' here I come!
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 05:59 PM

ssshhhhh!
bolt
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 06:47 PM

Thanks Flags for the post! Love fishing that time of year and catching a few trout. hooked

Side Note: Can't wait for the trout postings! bow_down
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 07:03 PM

ran across it last night - spent about 45m mapping out which stockings were close enough for me to make and now to spend the next few days figuring out which ones i will go to :^^:.

What size/color Kastmaster do you use for the stocked trout? i've done a lot of different baits/lures for trout but it never occurred to me that the kastmasters might work with the stocked ones. (I used to use them all the time in NY for saltwater fishing of various types & have occasionally used them to devastating effect on whites down here). Love them in the wind.

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Searsay
ran across it last night - spent about 45m mapping out which stockings were close enough for me to make and now to spend the next few days figuring out which ones i will go to :^^:.

What size/color Kastmaster do you use for the stocked trout? i've done a lot of different baits/lures for trout but it never occurred to me that the kastmasters might work with the stocked ones. (I used to use them all the time in NY for saltwater fishing of various types & have occasionally used them to devastating effect on whites down here). Love them in the wind.

Stockers will bite anything, any color. If you smoke they will even hit on a cigarette butt! bolt

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/08/17 09:18 PM

Berkley Cheese colored trout bait and gold Super Duper Lures work great! thumb
Posted By: Flags

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/09/17 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Searsay
What size/color Kastmaster do you use for the stocked trout?

Silver and gold. I use ones about an inch long for stockers, bigger ones for wild fish since they are minnow eaters by instinct. I also use 00 silver MEPPS and sometimes a 1/64th oz black jig.

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/09/17 10:29 PM

$30 if anyone wants these.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/10/17 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs

$30 if anyone wants these.

Great trout baits. Can't wait to see those trout catches! Trout are the "off season"fish for the sunnies!
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/10/17 05:14 PM

Ive yet to catch any so its time i try come january
Posted By: pavlaugh

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/11/17 03:49 AM

I've had good luck the last few years with Super Dupers and with floating Berkeley power bait (any color).
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/19/17 01:32 PM

Gold Super Duper lures and Berkley Cheese Colored bait are hard to find! Trout season is less than two weeks away! woot

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/19/17 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Gold Super Duper lures and Berkley Cheese Colored bait are hard to find! Trout season is less than two weeks away! woot

The park store at Garner State Park has a good supply of the Berkley Trout Bait-cheese colored. Picked up a couple of jars last week while fishing the Frio. It's expensive but I figured all the times I went to Acadamey with no results I figured for the difference in price it was worth it! I am well stocked for this upcoming season! thumb
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 11/28/17 08:07 PM

3 or 4 Kernels of yellow whole kernel corn on a gold hook will load a 48 qt ice chest down

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 12/10/17 10:52 AM

bump Kind of want to keep this post active during trout season! thumb

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 12/19/17 12:23 AM

bump Keeping this thread handy during the stocking season! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 12/26/17 02:00 PM

It's been a great season so far! hooked

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 01/05/18 07:28 PM

bump Gotta keep this thread up close this month! I just love trout season. thumb
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 01/08/18 01:27 AM

What time of day do they usually make the drop?

I’m gonna try my luck for the first time this coming weekend.

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Online - 01/10/18 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Tommar
What time of day do they usually make the drop?

I’m gonna try my luck for the first time this coming weekend.

Depending on the hatchery. In our neck of the woods they usually stock between 10am and 12 noon. I been having my best luck the day after the stocking! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum