Texas Fishing Forum

Who in North Texas does Vault hub service?

Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/04/17 11:03 PM

Where can I get Vault hubs on my trailer serviced? Dallas and north
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/05/17 03:51 PM

Is there something wrong with them or are you looking for preventative maintenance service?

We have them on our boat and they advertised 10 year no maintenance I believe.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/05/17 08:48 PM

one of them the inside seal is leaking
Posted By: MikeW07

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/08/17 09:16 PM

The regular warranty is 5 years I think you have to pay an extra fee to get 10yrs - but I just had one do the same thing - inside seal was leaking - you can get all the parts you need from UFP (think they are owned by decker or something like that) just do a search for UFP. Its not difficult to do it yourself when you get the parts - I went ahead and just go new vaults since I'm coming up on the 5 years anyway also you can service the actual hub but a whole new one is like $15 so much easier - took about an hour to pull the hub replace the seal and reassemble.

If you decide to do it yourself you have to use the "special" vault hub grease and you'll need something to pound the vault thing back into the hub - UFP sells a tool to do it but you can go to Lowes in the plumbing section and there's a fitting that works perfectly - you can't use a piece of wood like a regular hub because when you put it on that little plastic end sticks out past the metal edge - might crack it.
Posted By: triton37

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/09/17 01:27 AM

I had same issue, called vault and they asked for pictures, sent then, they sent everything needed to replace seals , bearings, and grease. I was pleased.
Posted By: triton37

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/09/17 01:27 AM

I had same issue, called vault and they asked for pictures, sent then, they sent everything needed to replace seals , bearings, and grease. I was pleased.
Posted By: Truck 6, Tillerman

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/22/17 04:42 PM

I want to have them installed on my Rangertrailer. Who installs them in the DFW/Arlington area.
Thank you.

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/23/17 05:50 PM

Ok, do you know where I can purchase them.
Thank you.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 09/28/17 07:06 PM

McGills in Lewisville has seals. Most of the time if seal starts leaking it happens when you have pulled boat for a long distance or at high speed and then back it in the water almost immediately when you get to the ramp. Happened to me when I was running late and pulled boat 75 to 80 mph to lake in OKLAHOMA from plano and mine developed a leak.

Re: Who in North Texas does Vault hub service? - 10/04/17 01:12 AM

McGills is the place to go.
They are very knowledgeable, and very honest.
They were able to handle my Vault issue when no one else could.
Great people and very reasonable cost.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum