Texas Fishing Forum

BB's

Posted By: V-Bottom

BB's - 08/04/22 03:55 AM

Attempting to refurbish my late sisters small utility trailer....4x8' bed I think. I got new tires for it (5.30 x 12....5 lug wheels). I noticed it didn't have buddy bearing and I want to get a set. I just need to know what SIZE. Chime in if you can help me on this.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: BB's - 08/04/22 02:07 PM

Measure the hub with a caliper OR take a dust cap to where you can buy the BBs and match it up.
Posted By: FinallyGotABoat

Re: BB's - 08/04/22 08:52 PM

I would leave the regular dust caps on it if it were me. Bearing buddies often just force grease out the back seal if you over grease. Nothing wrong with basic dust caps if there is plenty of grease inside on a small.

Re: BB's - 08/05/22 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by FinallyGotABoat
I would leave the regular dust caps on it if it were me. Bearing buddies often just force grease out the back seal if you over grease. Nothing wrong with basic dust caps if there is plenty of grease inside on a small.

That's good advise.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: BB's - 08/05/22 06:29 PM

like said, just need the caps on a small trailer.

you probably can't buy them to fit that sized axle anyway.

Re: BB's - 08/06/22 12:37 AM

Great advice and thanks..

Re: BB's - 08/08/22 11:06 AM

Go to Tractor Supply or a trailer shop for the caps. Trailer caps are different size than automotive caps. I have several auto caps that were a close fit, but when the hub warmed up, the caps came off. Finally solved the problem by buying caps made for trailers.

Re: BB's - 08/08/22 03:28 PM

I have caps on it now. Just haven't checked the grease as yet. I will tho.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum