Texas Fishing Forum

Valve Stem Extensions

Posted By: Fourjs

Valve Stem Extensions - 05/03/21 12:52 PM

I’ve been reading up on using valve stem extensions. Lots of pro and con comments.

I just bought my first dually vehicle. It came with a steel braided extension for the inner rear tires. No way you could ever check the air pressure or air up the tire without the extension.

The fronts are a PIA to check and add air but can be done. On the outside rears, I cannot get a gauge or air chuck to the stems.

I’ve ordered extensions I’m planning on adding them to the fronts and outer rears. Stainless steel, made in the USA. I’ll keep a close eye on them. The vehicle is a class A RV so it’s not an every day drive vehicle.

What say the TFF? Yeah or nay on valve stem extensions?

Jimmy
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Valve Stem Extensions - 05/03/21 03:30 PM

Same problem here. Mine has chrome wheel covers and the opening in the cover is way smaller than the opening in the wheel. My covers are held on with 2 or 3 fake chrome lug nuts, very easily removed giving a lot more access to the valve stem. The rest of the fake lugs are built into the cover and not removeable. I found a "lug wrench" for the fake ones in a cabinet in the motor home.....

BTW there are extensions on some of mine and the same SS hose to the inside rears and I have not had a problem with them.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Valve Stem Extensions - 05/03/21 07:45 PM

Just stay out of the mud with the extensions, mud has a habit of breaking them off.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum