Texas Fishing Forum

Sam's Tires

Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Sam's Tires - 04/30/21 10:15 AM

Any luck buying tires at Sam's ? Buying for Honda Pilot 245/60/18 ,
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Sam's Tires - 04/30/21 01:18 PM

Go to you nearest walmart car center get a set of goodyear viva's save a boat load thank me later and get on down the road.

I have put several sets on various cars we have had over the years. The most recent is on my wife's ford escape. Its a 60,000 mile warranty tire. We have 50,000 miles on hers now and they have plenty of life left. The set of 4 was well under $300 out the door.

Re: Sam's Tires - 04/30/21 03:29 PM

sounds good , thanks
Posted By: ricochetrabbit

Re: Sam's Tires - 04/30/21 06:05 PM

I think it depends on the club, my local club's Tire & Battery department is quirky so I go to other clubs in my area for that now, but generally my experiences have been good. I've gotten a dozen or so sets over the years and haven't had any issues with warranty or road hazard. If you get a tire replaced under road hazard, they'll prorate the wear but you have to pay for the road hazard on the replacement tire. Last year I had three tires replaced by Sam's because of where the screw or nail had gone in. While the replacement tire was "free" I still ended paying like $27 for each instance. I think that's pretty much norm these days no matter where you go. Sam's are pretty easy to find when you're on the road, that's one thing that keeps me from getting tires at Costco or my local tire shop. I also use Discount Tire if they are running a promotion or offering 0% plus my wife likes how she's treated at our local one. I get my trailer tires there too.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Sam's Tires - 05/01/21 01:44 AM

I'm a Sam's Plus member. I bought a set of BF Goodrich tires for my wife's car, got $80 off for buying a set of four and $120 off for being a Plus member. Their out-the door price was about $200 less than Discount Tire for the same tire. Bought a set of BFG's for my truck and got about $140 off. I buy online, make an appointment, and I'm in and out in less than an hour(in Corpus Christi). The Plus membership costs $100 a year, but they give me $10 in meds free every month, free shipping on anything I want them to ship, plus super deals on tires. I haven't bought trailer tires from them, but I would. I used to be a loyal Discount Tire customer, but they have gotten too spendy for me. YMMV, IslandJim

Re: Sam's Tires - 05/01/21 07:56 AM

Thanks for the input Jim , i am a plus member also .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum