Texas Fishing Forum

Plastic Restorer?

Posted By: Jman

Plastic Restorer? - 06/27/20 12:56 PM

I’ve got the entire interior out of my SuperDuty.

I want to clean up all of the plastic interior panels best I can.

Is there something that will help bring my plastic back to life so to speak?

Could just use the ‘ol Armor All but I’m betting there is something better nowadays. I’ve seen ads for some items but curious about real life results.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 06/27/20 01:12 PM

Armor-all is actually bad stuff. No-go class chemically for plastics.
What you really want to use is "303 Protectant". It's really good stuff - for truck and boat. Available various places online, not sure about retail. I think amazon has it.
I bought a gallon and put it into my own spray bottles. My go-to thing for boat's vinyl and plastic. Just noticed the jug says good for fiberglass also, haven't tried that yet.
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 06/29/20 08:46 PM

Use this stuff on everything from trucks, boats, to ATV. I love it. Makes faded black plastics look new.

https://clean-garage.com/carpro-perl-plastic-engine-rubber-tire-interior-protectant-dressing-500-ml/
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 07/03/20 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Armor-all is actually bad stuff. No-go class chemically for plastics.
What you really want to use is "303 Protectant". It's really good stuff - for truck and boat. Available various places online, not sure about retail. I think amazon has it.
I bought a gallon and put it into my own spray bottles. My go-to thing for boat's vinyl and plastic. Just noticed the jug says good for fiberglass also, haven't tried that yet.

i use it on my headlights too. ArmorAll is carp. I had a custom tonneau cover made and the shop owner showed me this caddy that he was redoing the interior on because of the carp.
Posted By: Delbert

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 07/08/20 02:38 AM

Iam impressed with a Lucas interior detailer it shines without the oil look of other products.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 07/26/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boudreaux
Use this stuff on everything from trucks, boats, to ATV. I love it. Makes faded black plastics look new.

https://clean-garage.com/carpro-perl-plastic-engine-rubber-tire-interior-protectant-dressing-500-ml/

banana Thanks for the info, got a old f 150, still runs ok but plastic is showing age, [17yrs] thanks
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 08/17/20 02:34 AM

Back to black by mothers
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 08/17/20 01:03 PM

I recommend the Perl product as well. Use it on various applications, truck, outboard cowling, boat trim, jest ski. Love it. Its expensive up front, but you dilute the solution and it makes a bunch.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 08/17/20 01:12 PM

303 Protectant
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 08/17/20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Delbert
Iam impressed with a Lucas interior detailer it shines without the oil look of other products.

thumb
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Plastic Restorer? - 08/23/20 01:32 AM

:fish Hey Boudreaux thought i would say hi. We could be cousins , kinda my last name is Boudreau. go figure
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum