Texas Fishing Forum

black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box

Posted By: Garland A.

black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/21/20 04:13 AM

Have had an aluminum box for years, but trying to figure a good solution for this. I have a rubber mat on the bottom, but the sides still have the residue that gets on anything I put in there. Anyone tried rhino lining or Line-X on the inside of the box? Appreciate the good knowledge on the board, thanks!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/22/20 01:50 AM

A lot of installers I know spray the inside of new aluminum boxes with spray liner to keep them from oxidizing and getting it on everything.

I had an older box that had it done to it but when I bought my new Weather Guard I did not spray it.

I put a couple floor mats on the bottom of it and haven't had anything build up on the sides in the almost 7 years I have had it. cheers

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/22/20 02:39 AM

Yeah, my weatherguard is 23 years old & still in good shape, just tired of the constant residue on anything i put in there. I'm going to the Line X dealer Monday & see what they say. Appreciate the input!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/24/20 12:30 AM

cheers
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/24/20 12:38 AM

Had mine Line-X’d years ago, keeps the black dust from occurring plus actually keeps the box cooler to the touch

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 06/26/20 03:08 AM

Well took it to the Line-X dealer & they lined the inside. Very clean job, cost me $300. They masked the locking mechanisms, the struts, etc. really nice to avoid spraying them as I requested. Sometimes your time is worth something & I was happy with the results. Appreciate the responses.

Attached picture 1EF670F3-42F0-47CA-A0B1-4F0A725D8309.jpeg
Attached picture 046E8590-0EEB-4B57-BA3C-198D58DBF05D.jpeg
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: black dust on INSIDE of aluminum tool box - 07/19/20 01:48 AM

Looks really good. I never thought there was a solution to the gray dusty mess. I've got an old RK aluminum bed box that has a rubber mat in it. Looks like I'll go that route.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum