Texas Fishing Forum

New GMC

Posted By: nombon

New GMC - 12/29/19 08:27 AM

My wife bought me a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT loaded for Christmas. it came with the multi pro tail gate found out the hard way you cant lower the step on the tail gate when there is a hitch installed I put a small dent in my tail gate on the 3day day I had it. just a little did bit for anyone looking at this. I love the truck but was a freaking dumb design for a truck. have a tail gate you cant use when you need it
Posted By: Espy

Re: New GMC - 12/31/19 12:10 AM

Watching the commercials I wondered how it would work with a hitch. Looks like a city boy designed the tailgate.
Posted By: machinist

Re: New GMC - 12/31/19 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by nombon
My wife bought me a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT loaded for Christmas. it came with the multi pro tail gate found out the hard way you cant lower the step on the tail gate when there is a hitch installed I put a small dent in my tail gate on the 3day day I had it. just a little did bit for anyone looking at this. I love the truck but was a freaking dumb design for a truck. have a tail gate you cant use when you need it

I thought this was common knowledge. It was talked about when they first started showing them on TV that you had to remove the hitch to use the tailgate. Gosh that was months ago.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: New GMC - 01/01/20 12:51 AM

Yep, I bought a 2019 GMC SLT 6 months ago but was told in advance. I will never have an issue with it though because I always remove receiver and store after pulling boat. Also, I will rarely use the step...I have already found myself twice using bumper step.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: New GMC - 01/01/20 03:35 PM

OP,

I know it sucks to dent your truck like that but next time your at a stop light behind a truck, look at bumper and tailgate damage. Almost 50% of the trucks I see have damage somewhere. I have a new to me 2017 All Terrain and dinged mine 10 days in. I was pissed for sure but hey, its a truck.

Design was bad from the start.

Happy New Year !

4W

Re: New GMC - 01/02/20 06:24 AM

No I never heard this or was ever told. in ticked me off I had it just a few days sticker was 58k you think for that price this would not be an issue oh and thanks for making feel like an [censored] for not knowing this. my last truck was a 2005 XLT I drove it to death. 248k
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: New GMC - 01/02/20 06:49 PM

This is one of those things that you would think common sense would keep you from doing but it is kind of like the time that I uncoupled my utility trailer and went to back the ATV off with the tailgate down..

Re: New GMC - 01/02/20 08:00 PM

several years ago what the lake were really low the ramp was really steep so I dropped my tailgate to be able to see the boat when I was backing up. the crank handle was in just the right position I still could not see the boat the trailer turned not only did I bend the crank handle I dented my tail gate. never thought a tail gate designed to be a step would be limited. just cant stop thinking what kind of dumb engineer can up for this. I know most truck today will never have anything but groceries in the back let along pull something But it a freaking trucks when did trucks stop being trucks. it suppose to be a multi function tail gate that doubles and a work station they say . just irritating other then that I love this thing. it rides better ben my wife BMW X5
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New GMC - 01/03/20 02:06 PM

That stinks man...
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: New GMC - 01/03/20 10:53 PM

I drove several different NEW trucks and could have saved some money, but I just loved the looks and ride of the new GMC, so it cost me more money. After six months, I have no regrets. My son just purchased a 2020 GMC 4x4 and he really likes it so far. He pulls a double horse trailer with it Good luck with your new GMC....
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New GMC - 01/04/20 12:58 AM

The irony of all this is they used to make fun of Fords step
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: New GMC - 01/30/20 05:12 PM

I have a GMC with the 6.2 and I love it, it pulls my 30 foot 5th wheel like it's not even there and I use the step in the bumper a lot. I agree however that a city boy or a lady designed the new tailgate and the whole truck for that matter, they went from being the best looking truck to one of the ugliest out there with the Silverado being the ugliest. I'm gonna try and keep my current truck until a new design comes out that's hopefully is better looking. No offense lady's or city boy's.
Posted By: BigRM

Re: New GMC - 01/31/20 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
The irony of all this is they used to make fun of Fords step

thumb cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum