Texas Fishing Forum

Why no one should ever buy a Ford product

Posted By: Stump jumper

Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/05/19 06:18 PM

I just read about the billions of dollars that Ford is losing on the cover up or attempted cover up of the DPS6 tranny's. Ford engineers were reported to be sick to their stomachs when told by the upper brass that they were going to use these tranny's in their cars. Ford knew about the problems long before the cars wen in to production. Ford engineers were warning friends and relative not to buy a car with the DPS6. One engineer described the experience of driving one in a email to colleagues as "nasty launch judder". Granted we are not talking trucks here but the fact that Ford would pull this shennagins at all should scare everyone away.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/05/19 08:47 PM

What year and make of vehicles did they put it in?

Got a 14 escape with a 6 speed in it im not wild about. Changed trans fluid on it just before warranty was out, followed ford service instructions step by step, trans acted weird for a little, then was fine for few weeks then acted up again. It was under warranty, they fixed some sensor, but the trans has never been the same since. It still runs, but the 2-3 shift is F-ed.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/05/19 08:59 PM

He was referring to the DPS6 dual-clutch "PowerShift" transmission used in 2 million Focus and Fiesta cars sold this decade that is the subject of massive litigation and a federal criminal fraud probe.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/05/19 09:25 PM

The problems here are Ford knew the tranny's were bad a couple of years before they used them and they created a culture of fear for anyone that spoke up. I also had an Escape. Don't remember the year but the transmission maintenance was a walk in the park. Tundra would be too if it only had a dipstick.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/05/19 10:32 PM

The escape doesn't have a dipstick now either, stupid move if you ask me. Hey you could always be like ram and say the trans fluid is lifetime fluid, but if you contact the manufacturer of the transmission they say 75k mile service.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 03:51 AM

Not surprised at all. Some good stuff about capitalism...some not so good
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
The escape doesn't have a dipstick

It has one that bought it.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld

LOL all in good fun im sure.

I really like the car for what it is. It has been very little trouble, this is the only issue we have had out of it and the dealer was very accommodating. Other than that its got 110,000 trouble free low cost miles on it. For what we paid for it we have gotten our moneys worth and its got a lot of life yet. We almost bought a rav4 instead, but the escape comparably equipped was $7,000 less and I shopped them both pretty hard... you know, im a cheap skate!

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 05:30 PM

Just because I know your so partial to Toyota....
I know its a little old but "2.5 million vehicle class action lawsuit"

Toyota still maintained it was the owners fault lol.... looks like they are all willing to pizz down our back and tell us its raining from time to time.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 06:18 PM

The escape doesn't have a dipstick now

Most new vehicles don't

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/06/19 06:44 PM

LOL all in good fun im sure.

I really like the car for what it is. It has been very little trouble, this is the only issue we have had out of it and the dealer was very accommodating. Other than that its got 110,000 trouble free low cost miles on it. For what we paid for it we have gotten our moneys worth and its got a lot of life yet. We almost bought a rav4 instead, but the escape comparably equipped was $7,000 less and I shopped them both pretty hard... you know, im a cheap skate!

All in failed humor. You know I'm a Ford guy. wink
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/08/19 03:12 AM

Lord have mercy, I’ve never seen someone cry about a product so much, just be because they had a lemon once. I guess I need to cry about my crankshaft snapping on my GM truck, just a few miles out of warranty, on here all the time.

Didn’t GM get caught in a sticky situation a year or so back, something where the CEO knew they were lying and it was proven.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/08/19 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Lord have mercy, I’ve never seen someone cry about a product so much, just be because they had a lemon once. I guess I need to cry about my crankshaft snapping on my GM truck, just a few miles out of warranty, on here all the time.

Didn’t GM get caught in a sticky situation a year or so back, something where the CEO knew they were lying and it was proven.

Exactly
de

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/09/19 01:44 AM

I don't call shoddy engineering a lemon and that is what is was from the engine, to the roof design to the front end components

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/09/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

I don't call shoddy engineering a lemon and that is what is was from the engine, to the roof design to the front end components

And the sticky pedal on the ‘yota’s was what? Finely tuned engineering???

When you buy the cheapest most basic economical vehicle made, you can’t expect it to have the best of everything.

Exactly how many bad post do you see here about bad ecoboost motors? Now how many positive reviews do you read? I’m not sure why you can’t just admit that all brands will have issues at some point.

Here, maybe I should start a thread why we shouldn’t buy Toyota trucks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toy...;oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/09/19 06:19 PM

When you buy the cheapest most basic economical vehicle made, you can’t expect it to have the best of everything.

Exactly how many bad post do you see here about bad ecoboost motors? Now how many positive reviews do you read? I’m not sure why you can’t just admit that all brands will have issues at some point.

Go ahead. What are you going to base it on MPGs?

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/10/19 03:37 AM

We can start with the horrible MPG and how that bad fuel mileage is depleting our ozone layer. Then we can talk about how the Tacoma only rates mediocre on the scale of consumer reports. Then we can find all the tsb’s and complaints from all the forums. Then we can talk about the lemon we owned for the next 20 years and how we just can’t get past it.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/13/19 06:59 PM

We can start with the horrible MPG and how that bad fuel mileage is depleting our ozone layer. Then we can talk about how the Tacoma only rates mediocre on the scale of consumer reports. Then we can find all the tsb’s and complaints from all the forums. Then we can talk about the lemon we owned for the next 20 years and how we just can’t get past it.

CR never has liked the Tacoma. CR released their 2020 reliablity rankings and Dodge is at the bottom with Ford running a close 2nd. 18 & 20 while Tundras scored a 75. Here is a quote from a Fort Worth salvage yard and fellow Tundra owner.

Dude im in the salvage biz and the #1 vehicle That I see & buy is Dodge products. They may look good but their [censored] !guys right as long as you can drive it within the warranty. You’re good. I’ve been in the Salvage business for 20 years and it still hasn’t changed Dodge is [censored] as for longevity.. On the other hand just recently I sold a 99 Land Cruiser hit hard at the front left wheel buckled roof and 250,000 miles. I got $3000 for that truck. Every time I sell a Toyota product it draws good money as opposed to dodge. Plus you can’t beat the pro for the ride

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/14/19 12:12 AM

Want to feel good about your Ram? One Dodge dealer has 141 used Rams on lot 20% of which are manufacturer's buybacks.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/14/19 05:29 AM

Nah, I don’t have a Dodge product anymore. I had a few 2500’s because of the Cummins, until ‘yota can make a man’s truck, I’m not able to buy one.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/14/19 05:35 AM

I drive a 2015 ram with an ecodiesel one of the most problemed combos around. 4 years 80,000 miles and not so much as a blinker bulb burnt out. 10,000 mile oil changes and 2 fuel and air filters. I average 27 commuting to work 30+ on the hwy and I get better pulling than the tundra empty.

If ford ram and gm produced the same unchanged dated driveline for ten + years I bet they would stand a little higher in reliability rankings. That said I have never owned an unreliable vehicle from any maker with several over 250k miles.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/27/19 02:54 AM

Just turned 40k trouble free miles on my Raptor. As fun as it was mama said lets look at new trucks. Brought home a 2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel. Before the Raptor I had a 13 F250 and this new one is a beast compared to it. Maybe one of these days a problem plagued Ford will catch up to me but I will say they have been more trouble free then all the Toyotas I've owned.
Posted By: doctorb

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/27/19 04:15 PM

I've only owned one Ford truck, an F150. Brand new with factory installed tow package. First time hauling my bass boat I thought that it really pulled my trailer funny. Got to the lake, launched the boat and then noticed that one side of my rear bumper and hitch was hanging down about 8 inches. The tow package/frame has 3 large bolts on either side. One side did not have any nuts on the bolts. I'm lucky that my bass boat didn't fly off on the interstate and kill someone. The dealer brought me a truck to the ramp to swap me out so I think they did the right thing. I sent in my survey to Ford and explained the problem I had and never got any kind of response.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 12/28/19 04:05 AM

This reminds me of who makes the best boat,.....braid,.......rods,.......reels,......whiskey,.........all opinions.

Come on spring so we can ask what the water temperature is a lake X every hour. fish

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/02/20 06:54 PM

base on reliability ranking for the Tundra that are about 3 times higher than the big 3 and personal experiences with Ford I put my money the Tundra.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/02/20 06:56 PM

I just read about the billions of dollars that Ford is losing on the cover up or attempted cover up of the DPS6 tranny's. Ford engineers were reported to be sick to their stomachs when told by the upper brass that they were going to use these tranny's in their cars. Ford knew about the problems long before the cars wen in to production. Ford engineers were warning friends and relative not to buy a car with the DPS6. One engineer described the experience of driving one in a email to colleagues as "nasty launch judder". Granted we are not talking trucks here but the fact that Ford would pull this shennagins at all should scare everyone away.

Welcome to the auto industry
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/02/20 07:02 PM

I don't know... I grew up on Chevy/GM, and I never had a single moment where I was stranded with a Chevy/GM.

One of our family businesses was built and is powered by a fleet of Duramax's... One having 980,000 miles on it.

Only thing a Ford did for me was leave me stranded on the side of 610 here in Houston during rush hour traffic (7.3 Powerjoke.) There's been a number of other incidents I can't think of right now.

So... Why would some expect me to run Ford when GM has never done me wrong, but Ford HAS left me stranded? I have no problem with Dodge either, just prefer GM
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/03/20 02:11 PM

Between my brother, dad, and I, we have owned one Ford, three Rams, and a whole bunch of GM products. Only one that's ever been a bad truck was the Ford. The first Ram was a 2002 Dodge that had the dash crack and some other internal stuff go bad, and it had the V6 gas motor which was gutless, but it never left us stranded anywhere. The other 2 Rams have been flawless. We've got by far the most miles on Chevrolets with very, very few issues.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/04/20 03:07 AM

One Ford. What a great sample size to make judgement. My dad's nefew's uncle's brother owned a Ram and it sucks as bad as all 5 FCAs I actually owned.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/04/20 05:23 AM

Let’s see:

1986 Chevy K10, cracked a block.
1998 Chevrolet k2500, broke a crankshaft at 40k miles, I had to pay for the entire new block & assembly.
2001 Chevrolet 1500, multiple front end replacements and clattered like a diesel the entire time I owned it.
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, heads locked up at 25k miles.

2005 Dodge 2500, multiple rear axle seals replaced. Rear brakes replaced multiple times and spent 3 months at the dealership for warranty work the first year.

2000 Dodge 2500, damn good truck.

2012 F350, 1 sensor replaced under warranty and ZERO shop time at 95k miles.
2012 Ford Explorer, zero shop time while owned for 3 years.
2018 F150, zero shop time at 13k miles.

Multiple Mercedes cars & suvs with zero shop time while owned as well.

Seems that I get the good fords and crappy Chevrolet’s.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/05/20 02:13 PM

GM I think makes a good vehicle, but they went down on my list when they shut several of their US plants down and shifted their production of their small suv's to China. The small one GM is now selling is 96% made in China. It could be a very well made vehicle. Im sure they will make more models in the future over there as well. Normally I would just consider that is just business. But they took $9 billion in US tax payers dollars a few years back to bale them out. Dodge did too but they expanded their US facilities. I know GM did not have to pay the money back, but that's our govt. stupid fault. So no GM's in my driveway unless their competitors quit making trucks.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/06/20 06:16 PM

Let’s see:

1998 Chevrolet k2500, broke a crankshaft at 40k miles, I had to pay for the entire new block & assembly.
2001 Chevrolet 1500, multiple front end replacements and clattered like a diesel the entire time I owned it.

2005 Dodge 2500, multiple rear axle seals replaced. Rear brakes replaced multiple times and spent 3 months at the dealership for warranty work the first year.

not sure why you would even mention a truck that is probably a year old and has 13k on the odometer. Oh I guess since it is a Ford that is not the norm.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/07/20 12:04 AM

Let’s see:

not sure why you would even mention a truck that is probably a year old and has 13k on the odometer. Oh I guess since it is a Ford that is not the norm.

According to you, all they do is break down and have multiple recalls. popcorn It also gets 23mpg while being 4wd...But I guess you could pull a space shuttle with that 14mpg getting beast of yours. roflmao

Edit: I might have you mixed up with one of the other Ford haters, are you the one that had an Explorer with issues?

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/07/20 01:28 PM

I think his 1980 F150's paint faded, or something like that.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/07/20 06:24 PM

Let’s see:

According to you, all they do is break down and have multiple recalls. popcorn It also gets 23mpg while being 4wd...But I guess you could pull a space shuttle with that 14mpg getting beast of yours. roflmao

Edit: I might have you mixed up with one of the other Ford haters, are you the one that had an Explorer with issues?

I have never owned an Explorer and not sure where you get 14 MPGs from. Mine does quite a bit better. At least Tundra owners will publish accurate MPG numbers while some Ford owners seem to overstate theirs. Tundra owners know the MPGs are at the bottom end of the category. They buy for resale, reliability, and to avoid being Found On Road Dead.
Posted By: RonL

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/07/20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by TomRom
GM I think makes a good vehicle, but they went down on my list when they shut several of their US plants down and shifted their production of their small suv's to China. The small one GM is now selling is 96% made in China. It could be a very well made vehicle. Im sure they will make more models in the future over there as well. Normally I would just consider that is just business. But they took $9 billion in US tax payers dollars a few years back to bale them out. Dodge did too but they expanded their US facilities. I know GM did not have to pay the money back, but that's our govt. stupid fault. So no GM's in my driveway unless their competitors quit making trucks.

thumb thumb thumb

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/08/20 04:09 AM

Stump, what was your Ford beef again then if you weren’t the Explorer crying guy? As far as fuel mileage, well, there’s liars in all the bunches. For example, my f350 6.7L only gets 13.5-14.5 mpg average and some will claim theirs gets 19mpg. But that’s nothing new, same thing happened when I owned my 5.9 Cummins.

But my f150 does get 23mpg, so.......I’m not sure if it’ll pull a space shuttle or not though, that’s those impressive things that makes people buy Tundras.

So again, remind us all why we shouldn’t ever buy Ford products?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/08/20 09:10 PM

I'm a Ford guy. No particular reason, just always have been. Only had 2 major issues. Wife's old Expedition was a 2008 I think with that 5.4 dual cam motor. One of those cam sensors or whatever they are called went out. It was a pretty common issue. At the time mechanics didn't want to mess with it. And Ford wanted a ton to fix it. They actually gave me good trade in value so I bought an Explorer. It's 5.5 years old and no issues. 17.8 mpg. 99% city driven or the mileage would be better.

I have a 2007 F150. 108K miles. Just had my first problem. Put it in reverse a couple days ago and heard a loud pop. Then it wouldn't go into reverse. Blew out some rear cup/seal thingamabob in the tranny. I was actually at Ford when it happened dropping my wife off to pick up her car form an oil change. Ford doesn't do rebuilds and wanted $4,300.00 to put in a remanufactured tranny. Took it to my local transmission shop. They rebuilt it for $1,400.00 and gave me a 12/12 warranty. I have no idea what the gas mileage is on it. It's doesn't have the fancy digital display telling me and I don't care to calculate it myself.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 12:29 PM

This thread reminds me how glad I am to have left a life of management in the world of Ford.

I still drive them because that’s what I know but owning an auto parts store I can tell you they AAAALLLLL have issues!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 01:43 PM

I've owned 1 vehicle in my life that wasn't Ford. Never had any problems. I will keep buying Ford
Posted By: RonL

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
This thread reminds me how glad I am to have left a life of management in the world of Ford.

I still drive them because that’s what I know but owning an auto parts store I can tell you they AAAALLLLL have issues!

I worked parts counter with Western Auto for 13 yrs back in the 80s’ and 90s’ before Sears changed name to Parts America and sold us to Advanced Auto . And i totally agree they ALLLLLLLL do have issues !!

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
I've owned 1 vehicle in my life that wasn't Ford. Never had any problems. I will keep buying Ford

I have a ford and like it, its been good. My brother has a very similar vehicle only a couple model years older. He's on his second transmission, a head gasket went, oil leaks, window motors etc. He is still happy with his.

In the end there is some luck involved and I believe the rest is how you treat them. For years we drove nothing but fords with great luck till a ford dealer pissed dad off then it was GM's same deal, nearly 2 decades of great luck and great vehicles. Now we have a mixed bag of RAM's GM's and Fords.... guess what they are all solid reliable low cost low problems vehicles.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 06:18 PM

Stump, what was your Ford beef again then if you weren’t the Explorer crying guy? As far as fuel mileage, well, there’s liars in all the bunches. For example, my f350 6.7L only gets 13.5-14.5 mpg average and some will claim theirs gets 19mpg. But that’s nothing new, same thing happened when I owned my 5.9 Cummins.

But my f150 does get 23mpg, so.......I’m not sure if it’ll pull a space shuttle or not though, that’s those impressive things that makes people buy Tundras.

So again, remind us all why we shouldn’t ever buy Ford products?

It is in my first post. At one time Ford was a fairly honest company but I have lost trust in them. I had a F150 that they stripped and repainted even though it was no one of the covered colors. I had another newer that had a known problem with the roof design and the paint. During the process of trying to get them to take care of it a Ford CSR lied to me. Then their was the SA Ford rep that stated I was lucky to make it to 40k on lower ball joints. That one was when I decided to buy a Toyota.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/09/20 06:42 PM

I have never replace a ball joint on any Ford that I have ever owned, not the Ranger, not the 2 Explorers, not the 3 F150's and not the 2 F250's and not the 2 Expeditions. Nor have I had any trouble with paint. I do remember in the late 90's when the GM trucks were losing paint off the hood every time somebody would take it through a car wash. They blamed bad primer.

And I'm thinking there may be something to Toyota's reputation for poor economy. Pretty much every mid size SUV I've been in over the last decade would get 23-26 MPG at interstate speeds (Explorer, Escape, Traverse, Equinox, Journey, even the wife's GC). Took my new 2020 4Runner on a 110 round mile trip....17 mpg. That's worse than the full size Tahoe I've driven. Probably wouldn't bother me if it was a hot engine but it's pretty gutless.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/10/20 03:03 PM

I have never replace a ball joint on any Ford that I have ever owned, not the Ranger, not the 2 Explorers, not the 3 F150's and not the 2 F250's and not the 2 Expeditions. Nor have I had any trouble with paint. I do remember in the late 90's when the GM trucks were losing paint off the hood every time somebody would take it through a car wash. They blamed bad primer.

And I'm thinking there may be something to Toyota's reputation for poor economy. Pretty much every mid size SUV I've been in over the last decade would get 23-26 MPG at interstate speeds (Explorer, Escape, Traverse, Equinox, Journey, even the wife's GC). Took my new 2020 4Runner on a 110 round mile trip....17 mpg. That's worse than the full size Tahoe I've driven. Probably wouldn't bother me if it was a hot engine but it's pretty gutless.

Other than my 66 Mustang and 1975 F100 I had to replace the upper control arm bushings on my 97 F150 but it only had 175,000 miles on it and I had all of the wear and tear parts replace on it. My 06 I traded in on a 2015 and it had 180,000 miles and I had to have the rear pinion seal replaced at 150,000 miles. Out of all of the vehicles I've owned never had anything major issues other than normal maintenance and wear and tear on aged vehicles. I had a 1978 Thunderbird that the transmission was rebuilt on other than that had a 79 GMC that some zit faced idiot at the lumber store loaded bags of concrete in and the frame sagged and an Company furnished 86 Chevy truck that kept cracking the flywheel. I did have a 1998 E250 Work vehicle that the catalytic converter plugged up the muffler and killed the engine and it started leaking antifreeze but Ford replaced the engine because it only had 1000 miles on it. Ford's response was proactive so that never stopped me from buying another Ford for me personally. PS our company has been using Ford trucks and Vans for as long as we have been in business, something like 40 years.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/14/20 11:25 PM

Why NOBODY should ever buy a Toyota....

https://www.wistv.com/2020/01/14/to...UGY6GLMkV_0WknehSLKtNbQ2-BB35VUEsO3Jbwpo
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/15/20 01:44 AM

That’s WHY YOU SHOULD buy a Toyota. They know of an issue and fix it BEFORE it fails. And they’re HONEST about it. Ford just keeps their mouth shut and hope it lasts past the 12month/12000 miles. Then it’s on your dime.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/15/20 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

That’s WHY YOU SHOULD buy a Toyota. They know of an issue and fix it BEFORE it fails. And they’re HONEST about it. Ford just keeps their mouth shut and hope it lasts past the 12month/12000 miles. Then it’s on your dime.

But in the meantime, while there is no fix, keep on driving those time bombs. roflmao

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/17/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I don't think so, Tim. After I had my tranny fixed on my 2013 F150 at around 80k miles, Ford put out a recall for a free fix and reimbursed me retroactively.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/18/20 01:14 AM

and here I thought the TFF was dead. I was just looking in the wrong section

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/18/20 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by 04champ
and here I thought the TFF was dead. I was just looking in the wrong section

We have to work hard to find something to bicker over, lol. Feel free to add some gas to our fire!
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/19/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by BillS2006
He was referring to the DPS6 dual-clutch "PowerShift" transmission used in 2 million Focus and Fiesta cars sold this decade that is the subject of massive litigation and a federal criminal fraud probe.

They don’t make them anymore at least in America so who cares.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/21/20 11:56 AM

owned all 3 american brands, never owned a toy truck. had friends in colorado that had the older toys with the r22 engine and they were lil 4 wheelers for sure but could not haul a load or pull much weight.
my 14 f150 just turned 100k and the only problem with the 5.0 coyote has been a head temp sensor went out, dealer repair under warranty (bought the extended version) cost me 100.00 and got a free rental for the 3 days I needed it.
I would buy a new dodge or ford in a flash if I could afford it, this one has been a great truck, oil changes every 5000, tires rotated at oil change, runs like a scalded cat and pulls the 20' champion with ease.

will never buy another gm product under any circumstances, don't have a problem with toys but won't own one due to the low mileage, my 5.0 gets 15.5 avg and for a 4x4 I am happy.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/21/20 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
owned all 3 american brands, never owned a toy truck. had friends in colorado that had the older toys with the r22 engine and they were lil 4 wheelers for sure but could not haul a load or pull much weight.
my 14 f150 just turned 100k and the only problem with the 5.0 coyote has been a head temp sensor went out, dealer repair under warranty (bought the extended version) cost me 100.00 and got a free rental for the 3 days I needed it.
I would buy a new dodge or ford in a flash if I could afford it, this one has been a great truck, oil changes every 5000, tires rotated at oil change, runs like a scalded cat and pulls the 20' champion with ease.

will never buy another gm product under any circumstances, don't have a problem with toys but won't own one due to the low mileage, my 5.0 gets 15.5 avg and for a 4x4 I am happy.

GM has the most reliable trucks out there followed by Ford and Dodge, One of those Turds aren't even in the mix!!!

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/21/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by R.J.E.

GM has the most reliable trucks out there followed by Ford and Dodge, One of those Turds aren't even in the mix!!!

roflmao

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/22/20 06:14 PM

Heck my Tundra does better than that but there are too many variables to do an accurate comparison. Type of driving, how you drive (mostly gentle except when some idiot in a Dodge Charger thinks he can jump in front of me at a stoplight), mods such as lift and mainly tires, and probably something that I am not thinking of.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/22/20 08:28 PM

I drive a ram. They probably have about the worst reputation around for reliability quality etc. To beat all it is an ecodiesel one of the most problematic issue plagued engines built these days. As of January 31'st I will have 4 years and about 81,000 absolutely trouble free miles on it. I haven't had to replace so much as a brake light or a fuse. Best vehicle I have ever owned to date.

I completely believe there are some lemons from all manufacturers and I believe that how it is used/neglected/maintained/abused means more than just about anything.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/23/20 02:19 AM

Well said. I like Fords but I would buy a Dodge, Toyota etc. if I liked that particular model better when I am in the market. I think GM makes a good truck as well but they are on the bottom of my list because as I stated earlier they shut down plants last year in the US and shifted their production to China after taking a $9 billion US tax payer bailout. But thats just me.

I drive a ram. They probably have about the worst reputation around for reliability quality etc. To beat all it is an ecodiesel one of the most problematic issue plagued engines built these days. As of January 31'st I will have 4 years and about 81,000 absolutely trouble free miles on it. I haven't had to replace so much as a brake light or a fuse. Best vehicle I have ever owned to date.

I completely believe there are some lemons from all manufacturers and I believe that how it is used/neglected/maintained/abused means more than just about anything.

Posted By: hopalong

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/23/20 01:51 PM

Heck my Tundra does better than that but there are too many variables to do an accurate comparison. Type of driving, how you drive (mostly gentle except when some idiot in a Dodge Charger thinks he can jump in front of me at a stoplight), mods such as lift and mainly tires, and probably something that I am not thinking of.

tuned 5.0 coyote, 33" a/t, 3:55 diffs/6 speed auto, approx. 475 hp at flywheel, for what I have 15.5 is good by me. almost all my driving is at 55 or better, 95% maybe. this is by far the best and most fun truck I have had in a long time.

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/23/20 10:27 PM

What kind of tune are you running? Any other mods? Turbo? Cam???? 115 HP gain is pretty huge for just a tune.
Posted By: gander

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/23/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Originally Posted by BillS2006

They don’t make them anymore at least in America so who cares.

No worries unless you happen to own a vehicle that has one..my daughter lost her azz on a Focus that had one. Lesson learned and now is in a Honda

Re: Why no one should ever buy a Ford product - 01/24/20 01:26 AM

Had a focus that we put 165 K miles on it. Paint job on the tailgate did not hold up, but oil changes, a couple of batteries, one complete brake job and tires is all I put into it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum