Texas Fishing Forum

Carp fishing near dfw

Posted By: PLanoFisherman965

Carp fishing near dfw - 10/07/17 04:42 AM

Hello.DOes anyone know any really good carp fishing spots in north dallas area(PLano,RIchardson,allen.afrisco,).I don't care about the size I just want a good bite.It is early October. THank you
Posted By: PLanoFisherman965

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 10/07/17 04:52 AM

It would be nice if u could aslo include some catfish spots in that area. THank you
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 10/09/17 09:52 AM

i dont know that area well as far as fishing but casting to the collin park marina is always a good bet for some 8-14 lb carp and not that far from allen .....
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 10/09/17 02:52 PM

I have been taking the kids below the Lake Ray Roberts Dam and catching Common and Buffalo.
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 10/13/17 05:03 AM

Pretty much any thing that bleeds from the Trinity will have Carp in it. Otherwise, you would be SHOCKED by how many small community ponds have carp..sometimes...HUGE carp in them. It's a blast to take some corn, small ultrlight gear, hit up a fresh community pond and see what's in there. Koi, grass carp, commons, big gold fish, etc. Start checking them out and see what you can catch!
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 10/13/17 04:54 PM

Agree with dmunsie; hard to find lakes without carp!
Posted By: diesel_Power_House

Re: Carp fishing near dfw - 11/05/17 04:37 AM

Not in the area, but Chisholm park in hurst has common carp up to 20-25lb range. I got catfishin there and catch them all the time on cut hot dogs on a circle hook.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum