Texas Fishing Forum

LBJ lake

Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

LBJ lake - 08/11/17 04:09 PM

Anyone fish lbj if so any luck taking a trip up there and was going to try either way
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: LBJ lake - 08/11/17 04:14 PM

It's a good lake. If I were you I would fish Marble Falls Lake, the lake below LBJ dam.
Posted By: jgildea26

Re: LBJ lake - 08/11/17 04:15 PM

I'll be there in a few weeks. Gonna be dock fishing for cats and carp. And messing with worms on bobbers with the kids. Caught a bunch of smallish catfish last year at the same time, gonna come at it a little more aggressively this trip.

Re: LBJ lake - 08/11/17 04:37 PM

Thanks for the info
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: LBJ lake - 08/11/17 05:37 PM

I have caught a lot of carp and buffalo out of LBJ. I was staying at a lodge where the LLano and Colorado rivers join to form LBJ.
Posted By: boocat

Re: LBJ lake - 08/12/17 10:08 AM

Yeah, below Wirtz dam on the upper Marble Falls, lots of drum in the rocks. Not much bank access, good ramp at Cottonwood Shores. Great for kayak or float tube up river.
Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
It's a good lake. If I were you I would fish Marble Falls Lake, the lake below LBJ dam.

Re: LBJ lake - 08/13/17 11:30 PM

Carp 0 baby bass 2 corn will always get you something had a nice time some pretty country up there
Posted By: Naggler

Re: LBJ lake - 08/14/17 12:53 AM

Used to live on LBJ and miss it...one of the most under-estimated fishing lakes in the state in my opinion. The carp should be thick in the canals right now...I always preferred the sunrise beach granite shoals area. Sandy Creek park at night for catfish is great right now too. Good luck! fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum