Texas Fishing Forum

What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters?

Posted By: Deep_STX_Carper

What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/25/17 04:04 AM

There are so may types of baits to target carp, pack baits to boilies as well as many types of rigs. What is your preferred method& bait?
Posted By: Big Ted

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/25/17 04:08 PM

it depends on the lake. At Medina Lake, I just use white bread and that tears them up. Maize wont work, nor will boilies.

But usually I use a method mix consisting of the following...
quick oats, calf manna, grits, bread crumbs, banana pudding mix, chili powder, sweet corn, and cream corn.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/25/17 05:53 PM

My method- Whole oat oatmeal, canned corn, quick grits, and chili powder. Just enough water to make the consistency right.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/25/17 11:05 PM

Sweet canned corn
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/25/17 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
Sweet canned corn

Plus #1! hooked
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/26/17 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Ted
it depends on the lake. At Medina Lake, I just use white bread and that tears them up. Maize wont work, nor will boilies.

But usually I use a method mix consisting of the following...
quick oats, calf manna, grits, bread crumbs, banana pudding mix, chili powder, sweet corn, and cream corn.

Good mix
Posted By: TXFishNinja

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/26/17 03:05 PM

Another vote for sweet canned corn. It's a great bait to locate fish in a new area.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/27/17 04:13 PM

here's what I used about 40 years ago, and caught carp like crazy...
wheaties, ripe-ripe browned bananas, mush the bannanas up with the wheaties to form
a nice gooey mess, then pour in some vannilia extract, make balls and put it on little treble hooks with the
springs on them kinda carolina rig style,..we caught 100's of carp out of the spillway behind
Lake Worth, up to 30-40 pounds, most fun you could have on a airmans budget..
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 07/27/17 06:15 PM

white bread and vanilla protein powder work great for me
Posted By: buffaloman chris

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 08/20/17 01:57 AM

for me lately its been tiger nuts soaked in vanilla butternut and Korda IB plastic maize.
Posted By: AvidOutdoors7

Re: What's your go to for targeting carp in your local waters? - 08/29/17 02:12 AM

How to make boilies
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum